Districts and Industrial Policies. What We Can Learn from Sebastiano Brusco
This paper discusses two fundamental concepts of industrial policy developed by Sebastiano Brusco: the role of real services to support systems of firms, and the promotion of widespread changes at the level of knowledge, competences and social relations. With respect to the former consideration, the industrial district is a key policy target per se, with respect to the latter, a model for innovative policy design. Finally, with the possibility of "district planning contracts" the industrial districts can take on active roles in national development policy for Southern Italy. This conceptual shift reflects some of the changes in the research paradigm and policy framework over the last decade.
Volume (Year): (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Silvio d'Amico 77, - 00145 Rome Italy|
Phone: +39 06 57114743
Fax: +39 06 57114774
Web page: http://host.uniroma3.it/associazioni/rossidoria/qa.asp
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alberto Rinaldi, 2005.
"The Emilian Model Revisited: Twenty Years After,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 244-266.
- Alberto Rinaldi, 2002. "The Emilian Model Revisited: Twenty Years After," Department of Economics 0417, University of Modena and Reggio E., Faculty of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Giunta Anna & Florio Massimo, 2002. "L'esperienza dei contratti di programma: una valutazione a metà percorso," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 2, pages 359-396.
- Massimo Florio & Anna Giunta, 2001. "L'esperienza dei contratti di programma: una valutazione a metà percorso," Departmental Working Papers 2001-12, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Russo, Margherita, 1996. "Units of investigation for local economic development policies," MPRA Paper 2016, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tito Bianchi & Guido Pellegrini & Mauro Masselli, 2008. "L'efficacia economico-sociale dei Contratti di Programma. I risultati di una ricerca valutativa," RIVISTA DI ECONOMIA E STATISTICA DEL TERRITORIO, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2008(3), pages 5-27. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rar:journl:0222. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.