Convertibilité précoce et protection par le change : un premier bilan de la réinsertion internationale des pays de l'Est
[fre] Convertibilité précoce et protection par le change. Un premier bilan de la réinsertion internationale des pays de l'est L'introduction précoce de la convertibilité interne, associée à une libéralisation radicale des échanges extérieurs, au seuil de la transition, est une composante essentielle de la stratégie de transformation en Pologne, en Tchécoslovaquie et en Hongrie depuis 1990. Elle implique une forte dépréciation initiale des monnaies est-européennes, dont on analyse l'impact sur l'équilibre macro-économique interne et sur la restructuration des échanges. [eng] Reintegrating eastern europe into the world economy : a first assessment of the exchange-rate policy connected with the introduction of convertibility The early move to internai convertibility, together with a radical liberalization of foreign trade relations, at the very beginning of the transition process, is a major feature of the transformation strategy in Poland, Czechoslovakia and Hungary since 1990. It implied a strong initial nominal and real depreciation of East-European currencies. The paper studies the impact of this strategy on domestic macro-economie adjustments and on the restructuring of foreign trade.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 45 (1994)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.persee.fr/collection/reco|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Oblath, Gabor & Tarr, David, 1992.
"The terms-of-trade effects from the elimination of state trading in Soviet-Hungarian trade,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 75-93, March.
- Oblath, Gabor & Tarr, David, 1991. "The terms-of-trade effects from the elimination of state trading in Soviet - Hungarian trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 690, The World Bank.
- Michael Bruno, 1992. "Stabilization and Reform in Eastern Europe; A Preliminary Evaluation," IMF Working Papers 92/30, .
- Michael Bruno, 1992. "Stabilization and Reform in Eastern Europe: A Preliminary Evaluation," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 39(4), pages 741-777, December.
- Peter B. Kenen, 1991. "Transitional Arrangements for Trade and Payments among the CMEA Countries," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 38(2), pages 235-267, June.
- Hrncir, M., 1993. "Economic Recovery and Foreign Exchange Rate Regime: The Case of Czech Republic," Papers 9301, Cambridge - D.P. on Economic Transition.
- Bofinger, Peter, 1991. "Options for the Payments and Exchange Rate System in Eastern Europe," CEPR Discussion Papers 545, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prs:reveco:reco_0035-2764_1994_num_45_3_409573. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Equipe PERSEE)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.