Economic Impact of Maternal Death on Households in Rural China: A Prospective Cohort Study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Storeng, Katerini Tagmatarchi & Baggaley, Rebecca F. & Ganaba, Rasmané & Ouattara, Fatoumata & Akoum, Mélanie S. & Filippi, Véronique, 2008. "Paying the price: The cost and consequences of emergency obstetric care in Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(3), pages 545-557, February.
- Frances R. Woolley & Judith Marshall, 1994. "Measuring Inequality Within The Household," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(4), pages 415-431, December.
- Xing Lin Feng & Guang Shi & Yan Wang & Ling Xu & Hao Luo & Juan Shen & Hui Yin & Yan Guo, 2010. "An impact evaluation of the Safe Motherhood Program in China," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(S1), pages 69-94, September.
- Woolley, Frances R & Marshall, Judith, 1994. "Measuring Inequality within the Household," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 40(4), pages 415-431, December.
- Fang Ye & Haijun Wang & Dale Huntington & Hong Zhou & Yan Li & Fengzhi You & Jinhua Li & Wenlong Cui & Meiling Yao & Yan Wang & the study team for Economic Impact of Maternal Deaths in China, 2012. "The Immediate Economic Impact of Maternal Deaths on Rural Chinese Households," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 7(6), pages 1-7, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- F. le R. Booysen, 2001. "Non‐Payment Of Services: A Problem Of Ability‐To‐Pay," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 69(4), pages 674-697, December.
- Rashid Javed & Mazhar Mughal, 2019.
"Have a Son, Gain a Voice: Son Preference and Female Participation in Household Decision Making,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 55(12), pages 2526-2548, December.
- Javed, Rashid & Mughal, Mazhar, 2018. "Have a son, gain a voice: Son preference and female participation in household decision making," EconStor Preprints 179520, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Rashid Javed & Mazhar Yasin Mughal, 2019. "Have a Son, Gain a Voice: Son Preference and Female Participation in Household Decision Making," Post-Print hal-02493917, HAL.
- Mazhar Yasin MUGHAL & Rashid JAVED, 2018. "Have a son, gain a voice: Son preference and female participation in household decision making," Working Papers 2017-2018_5, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Mar 2018.
- Rashid Javed & Mazhar Mughal, 2018. "Have a son, gain a voice: Son preference and female participation in household decision making," Working Papers hal-01810509, HAL.
- Katharina Mader & Alyssa Schneebaum, 2013. "Zur geschlechtsspezifischen Intrahaushaltsverteilung von Entscheidungsmacht in Europa," Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft - WuG, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik, vol. 39(3), pages 361-403.
- Sara Cantillon & Brian Nolan, 2001. "Poverty Within Households: Measuring Gender Differences Using Nonmonetary Indicators," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(1), pages 5-23.
- Frances Woolley, 2000. "Control over Money in Marriage," Carleton Economic Papers 00-07, Carleton University, Department of Economics, revised 2003.
- Shelly Lundberg & Aloysius Siow, 2017. "Canadian contributions to family economics," Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 50(5), pages 1304-1323, December.
- Tina Haussen, 2018. "Intra-Household Income Inequality and Preferences for Redistribution," Jena Economic Research Papers 2018-004, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Gerlinde Verbist & Ron Diris & Frank Vandenbroucke, 2018. "Solidarity between generations in extended families. Direction, size and intensity," Working Papers 1816, Herman Deleeck Centre for Social Policy, University of Antwerp.
- Schneebaum, Alyssa & Mader, Katharina, 2013.
"The gendered nature of intra-household decision making in and across Europe,"
Department of Economics Working Paper Series
157, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Alyssa Schneebaum & Katharina Mader, 2013. "The gendered nature of intra-household decision making in and across Europe," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp157, Vienna University of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Shelley Phipps & Peter Burton & Lars Osberg, 2001. "Time as a Source of Inequality Within Marriage: Are Husbands More Satisfied With Time for Themselves than Wives?," Feminist Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 1-21.
- Bárcena-Martín, Elena & Blázquez, Maite & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2020. "The role of income pooling and decision-making responsibilities in material deprivation," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 416-428.
- Preet Rustagi, 2010. "Gender Development Indicators: Issues, Debates and Ranking of Districts," Working Papers id:2522, eSocialSciences.
- Tina Haussen, 2019. "Intra-household income inequality and preferences for redistribution," Review of Economics of the Household, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 499-530, June.
- Theresa Mannah-Blankson, 2018. "Gender Inequality and Access to Microfinance: Evidence from Ghana," Journal of African Development, African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA), vol. 20(2), pages 21-33.
- Hans-Jürgen Andreß, 2014. "Frieden und Emanzipation?," AStA Wirtschafts- und Sozialstatistisches Archiv, Springer;Deutsche Statistische Gesellschaft - German Statistical Society, vol. 8(1), pages 7-31, June.
- Bárcena-Martín, Elena & Blázquez, Maite & Moro-Egido, Ana I., 2020. "Intra-household arrangements: How important are they in terms of male-female subjective well-being?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 80(C).
- Fang Ye & Deng Ao & Yao Feng & Lin Wang & Jie Chen & Dale Huntington & Haijun Wang & Yan Wang & Economic Impact of Maternal Deaths in China, 2015. "Impact of Maternal Death on Household Economy in Rural China: A Prospective Path Analysis," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 10(8), pages 1-14, August.
- Pedro QuintÃn QuÃlez, 2008. "Vida conyugal y desigualdades de gÃ©nero en Cali (Colombia)," Revista Sociedad y EconomÃa - CIDSE, Universidad del Valle - CIDSE, August.
- repec:clr:wugarc:y:2013:v:39i:3p:361 is not listed on IDEAS
- Melberg, Andrea & Diallo, Abdoulaye Hama & Storeng, Katerini T. & Tylleskär, Thorkild & Moland, Karen Marie, 2018. "Policy, paperwork and ‘postographs’: Global indicators and maternity care documentation in rural Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 215(C), pages 28-35.
- Evan Borkum & Dana Rotz & Anu Rangarajan & Swetha Sridharan & Sukhmani Sethi & Mercy Manoranjini & Lakshmi Ramakrishnan & Lalit Dandona & Rakhi Dandona & Priyanka S. Kochar & G. Anil Kumar & Priyanka , "undated". "Midline Findings from the Evaluation of the Ananya Program in Bihar," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 74ef56ababd9412b82ef906fc, Mathematica Policy Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:plo:pone00:0076624. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: plosone (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://journals.plos.org/plosone/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.