Western Textbook Theory and the Developing Countries
This paper deals with the adaptation of traditional Western textbook economic theory to the problems of developing countries. It treats wages, rents and interest together with Keynesian and classical economy-wide models from this standpoint. The value of labour's marginal product will vary with the wage, rents with the land tenure system and interest rates with the size of and security on a loan. Inflationary Keynesian-inspired growth is likely to be unacceptable. Advance must therefore occur in a supply-originated classical manner.
Volume (Year): 19 (1980)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O.Box 1091, Islamabad-44000|
Web page: http://www.pide.org.pk
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anthony Bottomley, 1964. "The Structure of Interest Rates in Underdeveloped Rural Areas," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 46(2), pages 313-322.
- Bela Balassa & Daniel M. Schydlowsky, 1968. "Effective Tariffs, Domestic Cost of Foreign Exchange, and the Equilibrium Exchange Rate," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 348.
- A.R. Kemal & Talat Alauddin, 1974. "Capacity Utilization in Manufacturing Industries of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 13(3), pages 231-244.
- Anthony Bottomley, 1963. "The Cost Of Administering Private Loans In Underdeveloped Rural Areas," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 154-163.
- Anthony Bottomley, 1975. "Interest Rate Determination in Underdeveloped Rural Areas," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 57(2), pages 279-291.
- Anthony Bottomley, 1963. "The Premium for Risk as a Determinant of Interest Rates in Underdeveloped Rural Areas," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(4), pages 637-647.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:19:y:1980:i:2:p:143-157. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.