Venture-backed IPOs and the Exiting of Venture Capital in China
This paper documents the dramatic improvement in institutional, legal and regulatory environment for the exiting of foreign venture capital in China. It also discusses the recent developments, advantages and disadvantages of various China venture-backed IPO listing channels, including overseas listing through the main board and high-tech trading board in the United States (via New York Stock Exchange and NASDAQ), Hong Kong (via Hong Kong Stock Exchange and Hong Kong Growth Enterprise Market) and Singapore (via Singapore Exchange and SESDAQ), and domestic listing (via Shenzhen Small and Medium Enterprise Board). Finally, this paper examines the venture capital funding and IPO offering details, and the short-run and long-run performance of the U.S.-listed China Venture-backed IPOs between 2000 and 2005.
Volume (Year): 11 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (Fall)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 24255 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu CA|
Web page: http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/jef
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lerner, Joshua, 1994. "Venture capitalists and the decision to go public," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 293-316, June.
- Gompers, Paul A., 1996. "Grandstanding in the venture capital industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 133-156, September.
- Barry, Christopher B. & Muscarella, Chris J. & Peavy, John III & Vetsuypens, Michael R., 1990. "The role of venture capital in the creation of public companies*1: Evidence from the going-public process," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 447-471, October.
- Brav, Alon & Gompers, Paul A, 1997. " Myth or Reality? The Long-Run Underperformance of Initial Public Offerings: Evidence from Venture and Nonventure Capital-Backed Companies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1791-1821, December.
- Black, Bernard S. & Gilson, Ronald J., 1998. "Venture capital and the structure of capital markets: banks versus stock markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 243-277, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pep:journl:v:11:y:2006:i:3:p:39-56. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Craig Everett)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.