Venture Capital Finance in China
The globalization of capital flow has resulted in an increasing number of firms choosing to cross-list their stocks in foreign stock exchanges to raise public equity capital abroad, and more recently, the booming of venture capital (VC) inflow to developing nations to finance the start-ups and growth companies in those emerging economies. The dramatic rise in venture-funded activity in developing nations has been largely fueled by institutional investors in the United States and other developed nations. Among the developing nations, China, in the transition from a central planning regulated economy to a free market economy, has progressed quickly in grasping these unique funding opportunities to encourage the emergence of innovative enterprises and ensure its relevance in the global economy.
Volume (Year): 7 (2002)
Issue (Month): 1 (Spring)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 24255 Pacific Coast Hwy, Malibu CA|
Web page: http://bschool.pepperdine.edu/jef
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Gompers & Josh Lerner, 1998. "Venture Capital Distributions: Short-Run and Long-Run Reactions," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2161-2183, December.
- Gompers, Paul A., 1998. "Venture capital growing pains: Should the market diet?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(6-8), pages 1089-1104, August.
- Lerner, Josh, 1995. " Venture Capitalists and the Oversight of Private Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 301-18, March.
- Gompers, Paul A., 1996. "Grandstanding in the venture capital industry," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 133-156, September.
- Lerner, Joshua, 1994. "Venture capitalists and the decision to go public," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 293-316, June.
- Black, Bernard S. & Gilson, Ronald J., 1998. "Venture capital and the structure of capital markets: banks versus stock markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 243-277, March.
- Brav, Alon & Gompers, Paul A, 1997. " Myth or Reality? The Long-Run Underperformance of Initial Public Offerings: Evidence from Venture and Nonventure Capital-Backed Companies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(5), pages 1791-1821, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pep:journl:v:7:y:2002:i:1:p:11-22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Craig Everett)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.