How Should Subnational Government Borrowing Be Regulated?Some Cross-Country Empirical Evidence
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Alexander Plekhanov & Raju J Singh, 2005. "How Should Subnational Government Borrowing Be Regulated? Some Cross-Country Empirical Evidence," IMF Working Papers 05/54, International Monetary Fund.
References listed on IDEAS
- Johansson, Eva, 2003. "Intergovernmental grants as a tactical instrument: empirical evidence from Swedish municipalities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(5-6), pages 883-915, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zareh Asatryan & Lars Feld & Benny Geys, 2015.
"Partial fiscal decentralization and sub-national government fiscal discipline: empirical evidence from OECD countries,"
Springer, vol. 163(3), pages 307-320, June.
- Zareh Asatryan & Lars P. Feld & Benny Geys, 2015. "Partial Fiscal Decentralization and Sub-National Government Fiscal Discipline: Empirical Evidence from OECD Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 5279, CESifo Group Munich.
- Yinqiu Lu & Tao Sun, 2013. "Local Government Financing Platforms in China; A Fortune or Misfortune?," IMF Working Papers 13/243, International Monetary Fund.
- Sebastian Galiani & Iván Torre & Gustavo Torrens, 2016.
"Fiscal Federalism and Legislative Malapportionment: Causal Evidence from Independent but Related Natural Experiments,"
Economics and Politics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(1), pages 133-159, March.
- Sebastian Galiani & Iván Torre & Gustavo Torrens, 2014. "Fiscal Federalism and Legislative Malapportionment: Causal Evidence from Independent but Related Natural Experiments," NBER Working Papers 19995, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sharma, Chanchal Kumar, 2010. "Beyond Gaps and Imbalances: Re-Structuring the Debate on Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations," MPRA Paper 32145, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Foremny, Dirk, 2011. "Vertical aspects of sub-national deficits: the impact of fiscal rules and tax autonomy in European countries," MPRA Paper 32998, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Luc Eyraud & Lusine Lusinyan, 2011. "Decentralizing Spending More Than Revenue; Does it Hurt Fiscal Performance?," IMF Working Papers 11/226, International Monetary Fund.
- Grażyna Bukowska & Joanna Siwińska-Gorzelak, 2016. "Can fiscal decentralisation curb fiscal imbalances?," Working Papers 2016-35, Faculty of Economic Sciences, University of Warsaw.
- Reingewertz, Yaniv, 2014. "Fiscal Decentralization - a Survey of the Empirical Literature," MPRA Paper 59889, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2010.
"On the link between fiscal decentralization and public debt in OECD countries,"
Springer, vol. 145(3), pages 351-378, December.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2010. "On the Link Between Fiscal Decentralization and Public Debt in OECD Countries," MPRA Paper 21599, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2009. "Did the Maastricht treaty matter for macroeconomic performance? A difference-in-difference investigation," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(3), pages 331-358, August.
- Leonardo Letelier S., 2011. "Theory and evidence of municipal borrowing in Chile," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 146(3), pages 395-411, March.
- Peter Claeys & Raúl Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2008. "Fiscal sustainability across government tiers," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 139-163, July.
- repec:rom:rampas:v:2015:y:2015:i:25:p:6-26 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nobuki Mochida, 2008. "Subnational Borrowing in Japan : from 'Implicit Guarantee' to Market Discipline and Fiscal Rule," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-541, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Thushyanthan Baskaran, 2012.
"Tax Decentralization and Public Deficits in OECD Countries,"
Publius: The Journal of Federalism,
Oxford University Press, vol. 42(4), pages 688-707, October.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2011. "Tax decentralization and public deficits in OECD countries," MPRA Paper 35141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ananya Kotia & Victor Duarte Lledo, 2016. "Do Subnational Fiscal Rules Foster Fiscal Discipline? New Empirical Evidence from Europe," IMF Working Papers 16/84, International Monetary Fund.
- Baskaran, Thushyanthan, 2009. "Did the Maastricht treaty matter for macroeconomic performance?," MPRA Paper 30106, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Claeys & Raúl Ramos & Jordi Suriñach, 2007. "Fiscal sustainability across government tiers: an assessment of soft budget constraints," IREA Working Papers 200714, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jul 2007.
- Sharma, Chanchal Kumar, 2007. "Rescuing the concept of vertical fiscal imbalance," MPRA Paper 39343, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Van Hecke, Annelore, 2013. "Vertical debt spillovers in EMU countries," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 468-492.
- Heiko T. Burret & Lars P. Feld, 2016. "Effects of Fiscal Rules - 85 Years' Experience in Switzerland," CESifo Working Paper Series 6063, CESifo Group Munich.
- Miral, Romulo Jr. E.M., 2017. "Federalism: Prospects for the Philippines," Discussion Papers DP 2017-29, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Andrés Leal Marcos & Julio López Laborda, 2009. "Efectos externos del endeudamiento sobre la calificación crediticia de las Comunidades Autónomas," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 189(2), pages 81-106, June.
More about this item
- H74 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Borrowing
- H77 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - Intergovernmental Relations; Federalism
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:imfstp:v:53:y:2006:i:3:p:4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.