Voluntary Debt Reduction: Incentives and Welfare
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Eaton, Jonathan, 1987. "Public Debt Guarantees and Private Capital Flight," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(3), pages 377-395, May.
- Paul R. Krugman, 1988. "Market-Based Debt-Reduction Schemes," NBER Working Papers 2587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Calvo, Guillermo A, 1988. "Servicing the Public Debt: The Role of Expectations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(4), pages 647-661, September.
- Claessens, Stijn, 1990. "The debt laffer curve: Some estimates," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(12), pages 1671-1677, December.
- W. Max Corden, 1988. "An International Debt Facility?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(3), pages 401-421, September.
- Michael P. Dooley, 1988. "Buy-Backs and Market Valuation of External Debt," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(2), pages 215-229, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tengstam, Sven, 2006.
"Debt relief and adjustment effort in a multi-period model,"
Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 127-130, April.
- Tengstam, Sven, 2005. "Debt Relief and Adjustment Effort in a Multi Period Model," Working Papers in Economics 176, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics.
- Rolf Maier, 2005. "External Debt and Pro-Poor Growth," Macroeconomics 0504031, EconWPA.
- Michael P. Dooley, 1994. "A Retrospective on the Debt Crisis," NBER Working Papers 4963, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua, 1999. "Financial sector inefficiencies and coordination failures : implications for crisis management," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2185, The World Bank.
- Maier, Rolf, 2005. "External Debt and Pro-Poor Growth," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Kiel 2005 23, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Andrew M. Warner, 1991. "Did the debt crisis cause the investment crisis?," International Finance Discussion Papers 418, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Hayri, Aydin, 2000.
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 137-152, October.
- Hayri, A., 1996. "Debt Relief," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 459, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Hayri, Aydin, 1997. "Debt Relief," CEPR Discussion Papers 1701, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/4089 is not listed on IDEAS
- Long, Ngo Van, 1989. "The political economy of the international debt crisis," Kiel Working Papers 384, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Fafchamps, Marcel, 1996.
"Sovereign debt, structural adjustment, and conditionality,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 313-335, August.
- Marcel Fafchamps, "undated". "Sovereign Debt, Structural Adjustment and Conditionality," Working Papers 96015, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Berthelemy, Jean-Claude, 2001. "HIPC Debt Relief and Policy Reform Incentives," WIDER Working Paper Series 105, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Johansson, Pernilla, 2010. "Debt Relief, Investment and Growth," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 38(9), pages 1204-1216, September.
- Fernandez-Ruiz, Jorge, 1996. "Debt and incentives in a dynamic context," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 139-151, August.
- Bowe, M. & Dean, J.W., 1997. "Has the Market Solved the Sovereign-Debt Crisis?," Princeton Studies in International Economics 83, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Strand, Jon, 1995.
"Lending terms, debt concessions, and developing countries' resource extraction,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 99-117, August.
- Strand, J., 1990. "Lending Terms, Debt Concessions And Developing Countries'Resource Extraction," Memorandum 05/1990, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Oladi, Reza, 2003. "International involuntary lending and contingent default threat," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 237-245.
- Michael Bowe & James W. Dean, 1997. "Debt-equity swaps and the enforcement of sovereign loan contracts," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(1), pages 59-83.
- AGENOR Pierre-Richard & IZQUIERDO Alejandro & FOFACK Hippolyte, "undated". "IMMPA: A Quantitative Macroeconomic Framework for the Analysis of Poverty Reduction Strategies," EcoMod2003 330700003, EcoMod.
- Stephan Koren, 1992. "Debt relief for Eastern Europe — Its costs and the distribution of proceeds: Some preliminary results," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 128(4), pages 639-661, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pal:imfstp:v:36:y:1989:i:3:p:580-611. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.