International Evidence on the Tax- and Revenue-Smoothing Hypotheses
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harrigan, Frank & McGregor, Peter G. & Dourmashkin, Neil & Perman, Roger & Swales, Kim & Yin, Ya Ping, 1991. "AMOS : A macro-micro model of Scotland," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 424-479, October.
- F Harrlgan & P G McGregor & J K Swales & N Dourmashkin, 1992.
"Imperfect Competition in Regional Labour Markets: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 24(10), pages 1463-1481, October.
- F Harrigan & P G McGregor & J K Swales & N Dourmashkin, 1992. "Imperfect competition in regional labour markets: a computable general equilibrium analysis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 24(10), pages 1463-1481, October.
- D Holden & J K Swales, 1993.
"Factor Subsidies, Employment Generation, and Cost per Job: A Partial Equilibrium Approach,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 25(3), pages 317-338, March.
- J K Swales, 1993. "Factor subsidies, employment generation, and cost per job: a partial equilibrium approach," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 25(3), pages 317-338, March.
- N/A, 1967. "The 'Green Paper' On the Development Areas," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 40(1), pages 26-33, May.
- Green, G.R., 1993. "An Incomplete Information Core of Dynamic Economy," UWO Department of Economics Working Papers 9314, University of Western Ontario, Department of Economics.
- Treyz, George I, et al, 1993. "The Dynamics of U.S. Internal Migration," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(2), pages 209-214, May.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen & Helga Hessenius, 1991. "East Germany in from the Cold: The Economic Aftermath of Currency Union," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 22(1), pages 1-106.
- Jones, Rich & Whalley, John, 1988.
"Regional effects of taxes in Canada : An applied general equilibrium approach,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 1-28.
- Rich Jones & John Whalley, 1986. "Regional Effects of Taxes in Canada: An Applied General Equilibrium Approach," NBER Working Papers 2107, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wren, C M & Swales, J K, 1991. "An Economic Analysis of the Revised Regional Development Grant Scheme," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 256-272, August.
- A.T. O'Donnell & J.K. Swales, 1977. "Regional Elasticities of Substitution in the United Kingdom in 1968: A Comment," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 14(3), pages 371-377, October.
- Jackman, R A & Layard, P R G, 1980. "The Efficiency Case for Long-Run Labour Market Policies," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(187), pages 331-349, August.
- Peter J. Higgs & B. R. Parmenter & Russell J. Rimmer, 1988. "A Hybrid Top-Down, Bottom-Up Regional Computable General Equilibrium Model," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 11(3), pages 317-328, December.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1970. "The Case for Regional Policies," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 17(3), pages 337-348, November.
- David Begg & Richard Portes, 1993.
"Eastern Germany since unification: wage subsidies remain a better way,"
The Economics of Transition,
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 1(4), pages 383-400, December.
- Begg, David & Portes, Richard, 1992. "Eastern Germany Since Unification: Wage Subsidies Remain a Better Way," CEPR Discussion Papers 730, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:296480 is not listed on IDEAS
- Roper, Stephen & O'Shea, Geraldine, 1991. "The Effect of Labour Subsidies in Northern Ireland, 1967-78: A Simulation Analysis," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 38(3), pages 273-292, August.
- Shoven, John B & Whalley, John, 1984. "Applied General-Equilibrium Models of Taxation and International Trade: An Introduction and Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 22(3), pages 1007-1051, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Malley, Jim & Philippopoulos, Apostolis & Economides, George, 2002.
"Testing for tax smoothing in a general equilibrium model of growth,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-315, June.
- Jim Malley & Apostolis Philippopoulos & George Economides, 1999. "Testing For Tax Smoothing In A General Equilibrium Model Of Growth," Working Papers 1999_22, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Akhand, Hafiz & Liu, Haoming, 2002. "Marginal income tax rates in the United States: a non-parametric approach," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 383-404, March.
- Abeysinghe, Tilak & Jayawickrama, Ananda, 2008.
"Singapore's recurrent budget surplus: The role of conservative growth forecasts,"
Journal of Asian Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 117-124, April.
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Ananda Jayawickrama, 2007. "Singapore’s Recurrent Budget Surplus The Role of Conservative Growth Forecasts," SCAPE Policy Research Working Paper Series 0704, National University of Singapore, Department of Economics, SCAPE.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:12:y:2006:i:2:p:147-160 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jim Malley & Apostolis Philippopoulos, 1999. "A note on testing for tax-smoothing in general equilibrium," Working Papers 1999_17, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Gogas, Periklis & Serletis, Apostolos, 2005. "The revenue smoothing hypothesis in an ARIMA Framework: Evidence from the United States, in Claude Diebolt, Catherine Kyrtsou et al. (eds.), New Trends in Macroeconomics," MPRA Paper 1464, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ananda Jayawickrama & Tilak Abeysinghe, 2013. "The experience of some OECD economies on tax smoothing," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(16), pages 2305-2313, June.
- Taner Turan & Mesut Karakas & Halit Yanikkaya, 2014. "Tax Smoothing Hypothesis: A Turkish Case," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 61(4), pages 487-501, September.
- Dimitris K. Christopoulos & John Loizides & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2009. "Electoral Motives, Partisan Motives And Dynamic Optimality With Many Taxes: An International Investigation," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 56(1), pages 94-113, February.
- Jim Malley & Apostolis Philippopoulos, 1999.
"Economic Growth And Endogenous Fiscal Policy: In Search Of A Data Consistent General Equilibrium Model,"
1999_18, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow, revised Jan 1998.
- Jim Malley & Apostolis Philippopoulos, 2000. "Economic Growth and Endogenous Fiscal Policy: In Search of a Data Consistent General Equilibrium Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 235, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hermann Sintim-Aboagye & David Tufte, 2006. "Central Bank Independence, Inflation Variability, and the Revenue Smoothing Hypothesis," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 12(2), pages 147-160, May.
- Ihtsham Padda, 2014. "On minimizing the welfare cost of fiscal policy: evidence from South Asia," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 1553-1572, May.
- repec:pje:journl:article10iv is not listed on IDEAS
- Tilak Abeysinghe & Ananda Jayawickrama, 2007. "Singaporeã¢Â‚¬Â„¢S Recurrent Budget Surplus The Role Of Conservative Growth Forecasts," Macroeconomics Working Papers 22557, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:oxecpp:v:51:y:1999:i:2:p:387-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/oep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.