The Effect of Concealed Weapons Laws: An Extreme Bound Analysis
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Plassmann, Florenz & Tideman, T Nicolaus, 2001. "Does the Right to Carry Concealed Handguns Deter Countable Crimes? Only a Count Analysis Can Say," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 771-798, October.
- Bartley, William Alan, 1999. "Will rationing guns reduce crime?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 241-243, February.
- Lott, John R, Jr, 2001. "Guns, Crime, and Safety: Introduction," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 605-614, October.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Paul Rubin, 2011.
"From the 'econometrics of capital punishment' to the 'capital punishment' of econometrics: on the use and abuse of sensitivity analysis,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(25), pages 3655-3670.
- Hashem Dezhbakhsh & Paul Rubin, 2007. "From the "Econometrics of Capital Punishment" to the "Capital Punishment" of Econometrics: On the Use and Abuse of Sensitivity Analysis," Emory Economics 0715, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- David Fortunato, 2015. "Can Easing Concealed Carry Deter Crime?," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 96(4), pages 1071-1085, December.
- Christoph Koenig & David Schindler, 2018. "Dynamics in Gun Ownership and Crime - Evidence from the Aftermath of Sandy Hook," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 18/694, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Durlauf, Steven N. & Navarro, Salvador & Rivers, David A., 2016.
"Model uncertainty and the effect of shall-issue right-to-carry laws on crime,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 32-67.
- Steven N. Durlauf & Salvador Navarro & David A. Rivers, 2014. "Model Uncertainty and the Effect of Shall-Issue Right-to-Carry Laws on Crime," University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP) Working Papers 20144, University of Western Ontario, Centre for Human Capital and Productivity (CHCP).
- Steven N. Durlauf & Salvador Navarro & David A. Rivers, 2015. "Model Uncertainty and the Effect of Shall-Issue Right-to-Carry Laws on Crime," NBER Working Papers 21566, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda S. Ghent & Alan P. Grant, 2015. "Concealed Carry in the Show-Me State: Do Voters in Favor of Right-to-Carry Legislation End Up Packing Heat?," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 96(1), pages 191-201, March.
- Hauck, K. & Martin, S. & Smith, P.C., 2016. "Priorities for action on the social determinants of health: Empirical evidence on the strongest associations with life expectancy in 54 low-income countries, 1990–2012," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 88-98.
- repec:kap:atlecj:v:45:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11293-016-9529-z is not listed on IDEAS
- John R. Lott, Jr. & John Whitley, 2001. "Safe Storage Gun Laws: Accidental Deaths, Suicides and Crime," School of Economics Working Papers 2001-06, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Lott, John R, Jr & Whitley, John E, 2001. "Safe-Storage Gun Laws: Accidental Deaths, Suicides, and Crime," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 44(2), pages 659-689, October.
- Barati, Mehdi, 2016. "New evidence on the impact of concealed carry weapon laws on crime," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 76-83.
- Richard S. Grossman & Stephen A. Lee, 2008. "May Issue Versus Shall Issue: Explaining The Pattern Of Concealed-Carry Handgun Laws, 1960-2001," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 26(2), pages 198-206, April.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- تفنگهای بیشتر، جرم کمتر in Wikipedia Persian ne '')
- Talk:John Lott/Archive 3 in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Talk:More Guns, Less Crime in Wikipedia English ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:36:y:1998:i:2:p:258-65. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.