Why Do Firms Contrive Shortages? The Economics of Intentional Mispricing
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Cornes, 1993. "Dyke Maintenance and Other Stories: Some Neglected Types of Public Goods," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(1), pages 259-271.
- Leonard Dudley & Claude Montmarquette, 1981. "The demand for military expenditures: An international comparison," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 5-31, January.
- Okamura, Minoru, 1991. "Estimating the Impact of the Soviet Union's Threat on the United States-Japan Alliance: A Demand System Approach," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(2), pages 200-207, May.
- Harrison, Glenn W & Hirshleifer, Jack, 1989.
"An Experimental Evaluation of Weakest Link/Best Shot Models of Public Goods,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(1), pages 201-225, February.
- Glenn W. Harrison & Jack Hirshleifer, 1988. "An Experimental Evaluation of Weakest-Link/Best Shot Models of Public Goods," UCLA Economics Working Papers 473, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Glen W. Harrison & Jack Hirshleifer, 1998. "An experimental evaluation of weakest link/best shot models of public goods," Levine's Working Paper Archive 299, David K. Levine.
- Martin C. McGuire & Carl H. Groth, 1985. "A Method for Identifying the Public Good Allocation Process Within a Group," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 100(Supplemen), pages 915-934.
- Sandler, Todd, 1977. "Impurity of Defense: An Application to the Economics of Alliances," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(3), pages 443-460.
- Crafts, N. F. R., 1983. "Gross national product in Europe 1870-1910: Some new estimates," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 387-401, October.
- Murdoch, James C & Sandler, Todd & Hansen, Laurna, 1991. "An Econometric Technique for Comparing Median Voter and Oligarchy Choice Models of Collective Action: The Case of the NATO Alliance," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 624-631, November.
- Todd Sandler & James C. Murdoch, 1990. "Nash-Cournot or Lindahl Behavior?: An Empirical Test for the NATO Allies," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(4), pages 875-894.
- Wong, K-Y., 1988. "Foreign Trade, Military Alliance, And Defence-Burden Sharing," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 88-11, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Beach, Charles M & MacKinnon, James G, 1978. "A Maximum Likelihood Procedure for Regression with Autocorrelated Errors," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(1), pages 51-58, January.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 1983. "From weakest-link to best-shot: The voluntary provision of public goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 371-386, January.
- Bliss, Christopher & Nalebuff, Barry, 1984. "Dragon-slaying and ballroom dancing: The private supply of a public good," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1-2), pages 1-12, November.
- Sandler, Todd & Forbes, John F, 1980. "Burden Sharing, Strategy, and the Design of NATO," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 18(3), pages 425-444, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Daniel Levy & Hainpeng (Allan) Chen & Sourav RayAuthor-Name: Mark Bergen, 2004.
"Asymmetric Price Adjustment in the Small: An Implication of Rational Inattention,"
0408, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- Daniel Levy & Haipeng (Allan) Chen & Sourav Ray & Mark Bergen, 2004. "Asymmetric Price Adjustment in the Small: An Implication of Rational Inattention," Working Papers 2004-08, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Daniel Levy & Haipeng Allan Chen & Sourav Ray & Mark Bergen, 2004. "Asymmetric Price Adjustment "in the Small:" An Implication of Rational Inattention," Macroeconomics 0407012, EconWPA, revised 11 May 2005.
- Agostini, Claudio & Saavedra, Eduardo H., 2013. "Chile: Port congestion and efficient rationing in cargo transfer operations," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
- Dutta, Shantanu & Bergen, Mark & Levy, Daniel, 2002.
"Price flexibility in channels of distribution: Evidence from scanner data,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 26(11), pages 1845-1900, September.
- Shantanu Dutta & Mark Bergen & Daniel Levy, 2002. "Price Flexibility in Channels of Distribution: Evidence from Scanner Data," Working Papers 2002-10, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Shantanu Dutta & Mark Bergen & Daniel Levy, 2004. "Price Flexibility in Channels of Distribution: Evidence from Scanner Data," Macroeconomics 0402018, EconWPA.
- Kwang-Sook Huh, 2008. "Strategic Price Decision Inducing Consumer Rationing: Theory and Evidence," Korean Economic Review, Korean Economic Association, vol. 24, pages 233-257.
- Daniel Levy & Shantanu Dutta & Mark Bergen & Robert Venable, 1998. "Price adjustment at multiproduct retailers," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 81-120.
- Micha Gisser & James E. McClure & Giray Okten & Gary Santoni, 2009.
"Some Anomalies Arising from Bandwagons that Impart Upward Sloping Segments to Market Demand,"
Econ Journal Watch,
Econ Journal Watch, pages 21-34.
- Micha Gisser & James E. McClure & Giray Ökten & Gary Santoni, 2008. "Some Anomalies Arising from Bandwagons that Impart Upward-Sloping Segments to Market Demand," Working Papers 200804, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2008.
- Henk Folmer & Auke Leen, 2013. "Why do successful restaurants not raise their prices?," Letters in Spatial and Resource Sciences, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 81-90, July.
- Daniel K. Benjamin, 2010. "Armen Alchian on Evolution, Information, and Cost: The Surprising Implications of Scarcity," Chapters,in: The Elgar Companion to the Chicago School of Economics, chapter 14 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tabarrok, Alexander, 2008. "The hot-toy problem," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 512-516, August.
- Julio J. Rotemberg, 2011. "Fair Pricing," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 9(5), pages 952-981, October.
- Evan L. Porteus & Hyoduk Shin & Tunay I. Tunca, 2010. "Feasting on Leftovers: Strategic Use of Shortages in Price Competition Among Differentiated Products," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 12(1), pages 140-161, November.
- Mark Zbaracki & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Daniel Levy & Mark Ritson, 2005.
"Beyond the Cost of Price Adjustment: Investments in Pricing Capital,"
- Mark Zbaracki & Mark Bergen & Daniel Levy & Mark Ritson, 2005. "Beyond the Cost of Price Adjustment: Investments in Pricing Capital," Working Papers 2005-03, Bar-Ilan University, Department of Economics.
- Gil S. Epstein, 2007. "Production, inventory and waiting time," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(6), pages 579-589.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ecinqu:v:32:y:1994:i:4:p:562-81. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/weaaaea.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .