The Long-Term Structure of Commodity Futures
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Jin, Na & Lence, Sergio H & Hart, Chad & Hayes, Dermot J., 2012. "The Long-Term Structure of Commodity Futures," ISU General Staff Papers 201201010800001071, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jin, Na & Lence, Sergio H. & Hart, Chad E. & Hayes, Dermot J., 2012. "The Long-Term Structure of Commodity Futures," Staff General Research Papers Archive 34992, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sergio H. Lence & Marvin L. Hayenga, 2001.
"On the Pitfalls of Multi-Year Rollover Hedges: The Case of Hedge-to-Arrive Contracts,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 83(1), pages 107-119.
- Lence, Sergio H. & Hayenga, Marvin L., 2001. "On the Pitfalls of Multi-Year Rollover Hedges: The Case of Hedge-To-Arrive Contracts," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1965, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- J. Durbin & S. J. Koopman, 2000.
"Time series analysis of non-Gaussian observations based on state space models from both classical and Bayesian perspectives,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 62(1), pages 3-56.
- Durbin, J. & Koopman, S.J.M., 1998. "Time Series Analysis of Non-Gaussian Observations Based on State Space Models from Both Classical and Bayesian Perspectives," Discussion Paper 1998-142, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Anders B. Trolle & Eduardo S. Schwartz, 2009. "Unspanned Stochastic Volatility and the Pricing of Commodity Derivatives," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(11), pages 4423-4461, November.
- Jean-Thomas Bernard & Lynda Khalaf & Maral Kichian & Sebastien Mcmahon, 2008.
"Forecasting commodity prices: GARCH, jumps, and mean reversion,"
Journal of Forecasting,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(4), pages 279-291.
- Jean-Thomas Bernard & Lynda Khalaf & Maral Kichian & Sebastien McMahon, 2006. "Forecasting Commodity Prices: GARCH, Jumps, and Mean Reversion," Staff Working Papers 06-14, Bank of Canada.
- Eduardo Schwartz & James E. Smith, 2000. "Short-Term Variations and Long-Term Dynamics in Commodity Prices," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 46(7), pages 893-911, July.
- Richard L. Peterson & Christopher K. Ma & Robert J. Ritchey, 1992. "Dependence in commodity prices," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 429-446, August.
- Richter, Martin & Sørensen, Carsten, 2002. "Stochastic Volatility and Seasonality in Commodity Futures and Options: The Case of Soybeans," Working Papers 2002-4, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Finance.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard E. Just & Gordon C. Rausser, 1981. "Commodity Price Forecasting with Large-Scale Econometric Models and the Futures Market," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 63(2), pages 197-208.
- Schwartz, Eduardo S, 1997. " The Stochastic Behavior of Commodity Prices: Implications for Valuation and Hedging," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(3), pages 923-973, July.
- M. T. Allen & C. K. Ma & R. D. Pace, 1994. "Over-Reactions In Us Agricultural Commodity Prices," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 240-251.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhu, Xiaohong, 2016. "New models to estimate costs of US farm programs," ISU General Staff Papers 201601010800006209, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Zhou, Wei, 2015. "Three essays on modeling biofuel feedstock supply," ISU General Staff Papers 201501010800005728, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Li, Lisha, 2015. "Three essays on crop yield, crop insurance and climate change," ISU General Staff Papers 201501010800005371, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Delbridge, Timothy A. & King, Robert P., 2016. "Transitioning to Organic Crop Production: A Dynamic Programming Approach," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 41(3), September.
- Zhou, Wei & Babcock, Bruce A., 2014. "Endogenous Price in a Dynamic Model for Agricultural Supply Analysis," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 170584, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zhu, Xiaohong, 2016. "New models to estimate costs of US farm programs," ISU General Staff Papers 3547, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Shao, Chengwu & Bhar, Ramaprasad & Colwell, David B., 2015. "A multi-factor model with time-varying and seasonal risk premiums for the natural gas market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(C), pages 207-214.
- Yang, Linghubo & Zhang, Dongxiang, 2013. "Can futures price be a powerful predictor? Frequency domain analysis on Chinese commodity market," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 35(C), pages 264-271.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:94:y:2012:i:3:p:718-735. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.