Long-Run versus Short-Run Planning Horizons and the Rangeland Stocking Rate Decision
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Inocencio Rodriguez & Gerard D'Souza & Thomas Griggs, 2013. "Can Spatial Dependence Enhance Industry Sustainability? The Case of Pasture-Based Beef," Working Papers Working Paper 2013-04, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University.
- Edward B. Barbier, 2017. "Comment on Chapters 7 and 8," NBER Chapters, in: The Economics of Poverty Traps, pages 315-322, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boaitey, Albert & Goddard, Ellen & Mohapatra, Sandeep, 2019. "Environmentally friendly breeding, spatial heterogeneity and effective carbon offset design in beef cattle," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 84(C), pages 35-45.
- Sserunkuuma, Dick & Olson, Kent D., 1998. "Externalities, Risk And The Private Property-Overgrazing Paradox: The Case Of Private Cattle Farms In Nyabushozi County, Western Uganda," Working Papers 14372, University of Minnesota, Center for International Food and Agricultural Policy.
- Engler, John-Oliver & von Wehrden, Henrik & Baumgärtner, Stefan, 2019. "Determinants of farm size and stocking rate in Namibian commercial cattle farming," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 81(C), pages 232-246.
- Costanza, V. & Neuman, C. E., 1997. "Managing cattle grazing under degraded forests: An optimal control approach," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 123-139, May.
- Behrendt, Karl & Cacho, Oscar & Scott, James M. & Jones, Randall, 2016. "Using seasonal stochastic dynamic programming to identify optimal management decisions that achieve maximum economic sustainable yields from grasslands under climate risk," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 13-23.
- repec:rri:wpaper:201304 is not listed on IDEAS
- Finnoff, David & Tschirhart, John, 2005. "Identifying, preventing and controlling invasive plant species using their physiological traits," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 397-416, February.
- Wang, Tong & Richard Teague, W. & Park, Seong C. & Bevers, Stan, 2018. "Evaluating long-term economic and ecological consequences of continuous and multi-paddock grazing - a modeling approach," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 165(C), pages 197-207.
- Gillespie, Jeffrey M. & Wyatt, Wayne & Venuto, Brad & Blouin, David & Boucher, Robert W., 2007. "The Economics of Rotational Grazing in the Gulf Coast Region: Costs, Returns, and Labor Considerations," 2007 Annual Meeting, February 4-7, 2007, Mobile, Alabama 34943, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Tozer, Peter R. & Huffaker, Ray G., 1998. "Dynamics Of Optimal Interactions Between Pasture Production And Milk Yields Of Australian Dairy Farms," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20785, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kaitibie, Simeon & Epplin, Francis M. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Horn, Gerald W. & Krenzer, Eugene G., Jr. & Paisley, Steven I., 2002. "Derivation And Optimization Of A Stochastic Livestock Weight Gain Response To Stocking Density Model," 2002 Annual Meeting, July 28-31, 2002, Long Beach, California 36538, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Kaitibie, Simeon & Nganje, William E. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Epplin, Francis M., 2003. "Optimal Grazing Pressure Under Output Price And Production Uncertainty With Alternative Functional Forms," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22020, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet A. & Biswas, Basudeb & Godfrey, E. Bruce, 2003. "A Dynamic And Stochastic Perspective On The Role Of Time In Range Management," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22149, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- May, Gary J. & Jones, Rodney D. & Langemeier, Michael R. & Dhuyvetter, Kevin C., 2000. "Influence Of Land Tenure Arrangements On Grazing Management Incentives," 2000 Annual Meeting, June 29-July 1, 2000, Vancouver, British Columbia 36442, Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- McCarthy, Nancy & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1998.
"Land allocation under dual individual-collective use in Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 239-264, August.
- McCarthy, Nancy & de Janvry, Alain & Sadoulet, Elisabeth, 1997. "Land Allocation Under Dual Individual-Colelctive Use in Mexico," CUDARE Working Papers 198665, University of California, Berkeley, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Quaas, Martin F. & Baumgartner, Stefan & Becker, Christian & Frank, Karin & Muller, Birgit, 2007. "Uncertainty and sustainability in the management of rangelands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 251-266, April.
- Engler, John-Oliver & von Wehrden, Henrik, 2018. "Global assessment of the non-equilibrium theory of rangelands: Revisited and refined," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 479-484.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:ajagec:v:73:y:1991:i:3:p:795-807.. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/aaeaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.