Global Financial Crisis – An Accounting Literature Review And Overview
Reflecting the magnitude of “financial crisis” in 2008, some academics started examining causal relationships between accounting and the crisis. The purpose of this article is to review the current state of academic research articles related to the global financial crisis that are published in ScienceDirect, Springerlink, Emerald and SSRN databases, in order to identify the trends and researchers’ contributions and to analyze the interplay between the global financial crisis and the accounting. Although there are lots of articles about the current financial crisis, the number of academic articles that examine the relationship between accounting and the crisis are still few, but the research questions are increasing, more and more researchers becoming interested in this topic.
Volume (Year): 1 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitatii str. 1, Office F209, 410087 Oradea, Bihor|
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miller, Peter & Hopper, Trevor & Laughlin, Richard, 1991. "The new accounting history: An introduction," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 16(5-6), pages 395-403.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bhimani, Alnoor, 2008. "The role of a crisis in reshaping the role of accounting," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 444-454.
- Paul AndrÃ© & Anne Cazavan-Jeny & Wolfgang Dick & Chrystelle Richard & Peter Walton, 2009. "Fair Value Accounting and the Banking Crisis in 2008: Shooting the Messenger," Accounting in Europe, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 3-24, June.
- Arnold, Patricia J., 2009. "Global financial crisis: The challenge to accounting research," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 803-809, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ora:journl:v:1:y:2012:i:1:p:966-971. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.