Examine The Past For Going Further: A Literature Review In The Field Of Fair Value
The current study is part of the scientific approach being assumed at the beginning of the Ph.D. as the theme \"New valence of evaluation in accounting\" under the guidance of prof. univ. dr. Dumitru Matis. This article aims to realize a more comprehensive study of relevant literature in accounting with fair value as the main subject. We have built our study attempting to answer the following research questions: How much "fair value activity" has there been since 2008? What research topics are being addressed? Who is leading fair value research? What are the limitations of current research? To achieve our proposed objectives we analyzed two databases (Science Direct and Business Source Premier) during 2008-2011, analyzing in detail a total of 22 articles divided into five specific research directions: international regulations on fair value accounting, fair Value Accounting and Financial Crisis, financial reporting at fair value, the relevance of fair value and fair value versus historical cost. With this research we try to see \"what is known\" in the field of fair value so far . In addition to qualitative analysis which we performed to discover the interest of researchers in this field, we conducted a quantitative analysis concerning the reported studies , being divided into research themes, research methodology and year of the article publication. Quantitative research results are those anticipated, that the most \"fair value activity \" took place in 2008 and 2009, surveys having as main research theme international regulations on fair value accounting.
Volume (Year): 1 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: 004 0259 408409
Web page: http://anale.steconomiceuoradea.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009.
"The crisis of fair-value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate,"
Accounting, Organizations and Society,
Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 826-834, August.
- Laux, Christian & Leuz, Christian, 2009. "The crisis of fair value accounting: Making sense of the recent debate," CFS Working Paper Series 2009/09, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Paul AndrÃ© & Anne Cazavan-Jeny & Wolfgang Dick & Chrystelle Richard & Peter Walton, 2009.
"Fair Value Accounting and the Banking Crisis in 2008: Shooting the Messenger,"
Accounting in Europe,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 3-24, June.
- André, Paul & Cazavan-Jeny, Anne & Dick, Wolfgang & Richard, Chrystelle & Walton, Peter, 2009. "Fair Value Accounting and the Banking Crisis in 2008: Shooting the Messenger," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5008, Paris Dauphine University.
- Martin Schmidt, 2009. "Fair Value: Your Value or Mine? An Observation on the Ambiguity of the Fair Value Notion Illustrated by the Credit Crunch," Accounting in Europe, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(2), pages 271-282, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ora:journl:v:1:y:2011:i:2:p:453-458. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Catalin ZMOLE)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.