Fair Value and the IASB/FASB Conceptual Framework Project: An Alternative View
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Camfferman, Kees & Zeff, Stephen A., 2007. "Financial Reporting and Global Capital Markets: A History of the International Accounting Standards Committee, 1973-2000," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199296293.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giusi Guzzo, 2015. "L’approccio cognitivo-semiotico in Ragioneria: profili storici nel tempo e nello spazio," CONTABILITA' E CULTURA AZIENDALE, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(1), pages 37-63.
- Bonaci Carmen Giorgiana & Mustata Razvan V. & Matis Dumitru, 2012. "Accounting Standard Setting In The International Arena: Update On The Convergence Project," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 866-872, July.
- repec:bla:abacus:v:53:y:2017:i:2:p:159-179 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Fasan & Carlo Marcon, 2014. "Accounting Tradition and other drivers of the Fair Value choice: An Opportunistic Management perspective," Working Papers 13, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Rodríguez Bolívar, Manuel Pedro & Navarro Galera, Andrés & Alcaide Muñoz, Laura, 2015. "Governance, transparency and accountability: An international comparison," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 136-174.
- Bosch, Patrick, 2012. "Value Relevance of the Fair Value Hierarchy of IFRS 7 in Europe - How reliable are mark-to-model Fair Values ?," FSES Working Papers 439, Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences, University of Freiburg/Fribourg Switzerland.
- Michael Bromwich & Richard Macve & Shyam Sunder, 2010. "Hicksian Income in the Conceptual Framework," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(3), pages 348-376.
- Geoffrey Whittington, 2015. "Measurement in Financial Reporting: Half a Century of Research and Practice," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 51(4), pages 549-571, December.
- Matis Dumitru & Bonaci Carmen Giorgiana, 2011. "Recent Developments Of The Financial Reporting Model: Theoretical Studies In Review," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 629-635, July.
- Samira Demaria & Sandra Rigot, 2014. "IFRS Standards and Insurance Companies: What Stakes for Long-Term Investment? A French Case Explanatory Analysis," GREDEG Working Papers 2014-04, Groupe de REcherche en Droit, Economie, Gestion (GREDEG CNRS), University of Nice Sophia Antipolis.
- Marco Venuti, 2012. "The proposal for updating the EU Accounting Directives: The adequacy of the proposal versus the legislative targets," FINANCIAL REPORTING, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2012(4), pages 65-85.
- Huikku, Jari & Mouritsen, Jan & Silvola, Hanna, 2017. "Relative reliability and the recognisable firm: Calculating goodwill impairment value," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 68-83.
- Rolf Uwe Fülbier & Joerg-Markus Hitz & Thorsten Sellhorn, 2009. "Relevance of Academic Research and Researchers' Role in the IASB's Financial Reporting Standard Setting," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 45(4), pages 455-492.
- Roberts, John & Jones, Megan, 2009. "Accounting for self interest in the credit crisis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(6-7), pages 856-867, August.
- Graeme Dean, 2010. "Background and Case for Exit Price Accounting," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(1), pages 84-96.
- Karen Benson & Peter M Clarkson & Tom Smith & Irene Tutticci, 2015. "A review of accounting research in the Asia Pacific region," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 40(1), pages 36-88, February.
- Veiga, José & Fernandes, Joaquim & Gonçalves, Cristina & Andraz, Georgette, 2015. "The Relevance of Fair Value Across Countries: Firms Listed in Lisbon and Madrid Stock Exchange," Journal of Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, CIEO-Research Centre for Spatial and Organizational Dynamics, University of Algarve, vol. 3(1), pages 78-95.
- Jens Wüstemann & Sonja Wüstemann, 2010. "Why Consistency of Accounting Standards Matters: A Contribution to the Rules-Versus-Principles Debate in Financial Reporting," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 46(1), pages 1-27.
- Ken Peasnell & Graeme Dean & Günther Gebhardt, 2009. "Reflections on the Revision of the IASB Framework by EAA Academics," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 45(4), pages 518-527.
- David B. Sutton & Carolyn J. Cordery & Tony Zijl, 2015. "The Purpose of Financial Reporting: The Case for Coherence in the Conceptual Framework and Standards," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 51(1), pages 116-141, March.
- Inge Wulf & Jens Niemöller & Natalia Rentzsch, 2014. "Development toward integrated reporting, and its impact on corporate governance: a two-dimensional approach to accounting with reference to the German two-tier system," Journal of Management Control: Zeitschrift für Planung und Unternehmenssteuerung, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 135-164, October.
- Dana Dvořáková, 2011. "Fair Value Measurement in Financial Reporting," European Financial and Accounting Journal, University of Economics, Prague, vol. 2011(1), pages 60-75.
- Anderson, Spencer B. & Brown, Jason L. & Hodder, Leslie & Hopkins, Patrick E., 2015. "The effect of alternative accounting measurement bases on investors’ assessments of managers’ stewardship," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 100-114.
- Palea, Vera, 2013. "Fair Value Accounting and Its Usefulness to Financial Statement Users," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201327, University of Turin.
- Erb, Carsten & Pelger, Christoph, 2015. "“Twisting words”? A study of the construction and reconstruction of reliability in financial reporting standard-setting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 13-40.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:abacus:v:44:y:2008:i:2:p:139-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=0001-3072 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.