Consumer's Participation on Brand Pages on Facebook
The focus of this study is to analyze consumer's participation and communication in the online brand communities on Facebook. This type of brand community represents a subgroup of virtual communities, which is known as communities of consumption or fan clubs (Kozinets, 1999; Szmigin et al., 2005). Understanding consumer relationships in such communities is important for the success of both the brand and the community. The aim of our study is to investigate how and in what sense consumers participate and communicate with one another via online brand communities, so as to explore the nature of the consumer's participation on brand pages on Facebook. Also, we aim to investigate the importance of the Facebook fan page as a tool for a company's business strategy. n order to investigate all these different aspects, a quantitative audience research was conducted, using a structured questionnaire.
Volume (Year): 2 (2014)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Phone: +40-372.177.141|
Web page: http://www.facultateademanagement.ro/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Muniz, Albert M, Jr & O'Guinn, Thomas C, 2001. " Brand Community," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 412-32, March.
- Kozinets, Robert V., 1999. "E-tribalized marketing?: the strategic implications of virtual communities of consumption," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 252-264, June.
- Kietzmann, Jan H. & Hermkens, Kristopher & McCarthy, Ian P. & Silvestre, Bruno S., 2011. "Social media? Get serious! Understanding the functional building blocks of social media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 241-251, May.
- Carlson, Brad D. & Suter, Tracy A. & Brown, Tom J., 2008. "Social versus psychological brand community: The role of psychological sense of brand community," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(4), pages 284-291, April.
- N. Lesca, 2010. "Introduction," Post-Print halshs-00640602, HAL.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nup:jrmdke:v:2:y:2014:i:4:p:87-106. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Cristian-Mihai VIDU)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.