The Effect of Public Disclosure on Reported Taxable Income: Evidence From Individuals and Corporations in Japan
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2003.
"When Does the Market Matter? Stock Prices and the Investment of Equity-Dependent Firms,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 118(3), pages 969-1005.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "When Does the Market Matter? Stock Prices and the Investment of Equity-Dependent Firms," NBER Working Papers 8750, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Malcolm Baker & Jeremy C. Stein & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2002. "When Does the Market Matter? Stock Prices and the Investsment of Equity-Dependent Firms," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1978, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- anonymous, 2005. "Monetary policy report to the Congress," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Spr, pages 117-142.
- O'Keeffe, P. J. L. & Desai, A. J. & Foroughi, K. & Hibbett, G. J. & Maxwell, A. F. & Sharp, A. C. & Taverner, N. H. & Ward, M. B. & Willis, F. J. P., 2005. "Current Developments in Embedded Value Reporting," British Actuarial Journal, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(03), pages 407-479, August.
- Auerbach,Alan J. & Hines, Jr.,James R. & Slemrod,Joel (ed.), 2007. "Taxing Corporate Income in the 21st Century," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521870221.
- Slemrod, Joel & Blumenthal, Marsha & Christian, Charles, 2001.
"Taxpayer response to an increased probability of audit: evidence from a controlled experiment in Minnesota,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 455-483, March.
- Marsha Blumenthal & Charles Christian & Joel Slemrod, 2001. "Taxpayer response to an increased probability of audit: Evidence from a controlled experiment in minnesota," Natural Field Experiments 00332, The Field Experiments Website.
- Chiaki Moriguchi & Emmanuel Saez, 2008. "The Evolution of Income Concentration in Japan, 1886-2005: Evidence from Income Tax Statistics," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 90(4), pages 713-734, November.
- Atwood, T.J. & Drake, Michael S. & Myers, Linda A., 2010. "Book-tax conformity, earnings persistence and the association between earnings and future cash flows," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 111-125, May.
- AfDB AfDB, . "AfDB Group Annual Report 2004," Annual Report, African Development Bank, number 60 edited by Koua Louis Kouakou.
- Hanlon, Michelle & Heitzman, Shane, 2010. "A review of tax research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 127-178, December.
- Torgler, Benno, 2004. "Tax morale in Asian countries," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 237-266, April.
- anonymous, 2005. "Monetary policy report to the Congress," Federal Reserve Bulletin, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), issue Sum, pages 319-343.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jeffrey L. Hoopes & Leslie Robinson & Joel Slemrod, 2018. "Public Tax-Return Disclosure," NBER Working Papers 24318, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erlend E. Bø & Joel Slemrod & Thor O. Thoresen, 2015.
"Taxes on the Internet: Deterrence Effects of Public Disclosure,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(1), pages 36-62, February.
- Joel Slemrod & Thor Olav Thoresen & Erlend Eide Bø, 2013. "Taxes on the Internet: Deterrence Effects of Public Disclosure," CESifo Working Paper Series 4107, CESifo Group Munich.
- Erlend E. Bø & Joel Slemrod & Thor O. Thoresen, 2014. "Taxes on the internet. Deterrence effects of public disclosure," Discussion Papers 770, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Jordi Caballé & Ariadna Dumitrescu, 2016. "Disclosure of Corporate Tax Reports, Tax Enforcement, and Insider Trading," Working Papers 911, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Alm, James & Shimshack, Jay, 2014.
"Environmental Enforcement and Compliance: Lessons from Pollution, Safety, and Tax Settings,"
Foundations and Trends(R) in Microeconomics,
now publishers, vol. 10(4), pages 209-274, December.
- James Alm & Jay Shimshack, 2014. "Environmental Enforcement and Compliance: Lessons from Pollution, Safety, and Tax Settings," Working Papers 1409, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- repec:eee:jeborg:v:140:y:2017:i:c:p:176-196 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ugo Troiano & Ricardo Perez-Truglia, 2015. "Tax Debt Enforcement: Theory and Evidence from a Field Experiment in the United States," 2015 Meeting Papers 134, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Ugo Troiano, 2017. "Intergovernmental Cooperation and Tax Enforcement," NBER Working Papers 24153, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Evers, Maria Theresia & Meier, Ina & Spengel, Christoph, 2017. "Country-by-country reporting: Tension between transparency and tax planning," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-008, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Yamamura, Eiji & Ishida, Ryo, 2017. "Analysis of the implementation of information disclosure ordinances in Japan: the effect on the income of mayors and chief executives in local governments," MPRA Paper 83337, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Miyazaki, Takeshi & Ishida, Ryo, 2016. "Estimating the Elasticity of Taxable Income: Evidence from Top Japanese Taxpayers," MPRA Paper 74623, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Evers, Maria Theresia & Meier, Ina & Spengel, Christoph, 2014. "Transparency in financial reporting: Is country-by-country reporting suitable to combat international profit shifting?," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-015, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Alm, James & Bernasconi, Michele & Laury, Susan & Lee, Daniel J. & Wallace, Sally, 2017.
"Culture, compliance, and confidentiality: Taxpayer behavior in the United States and Italy,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 140(C), pages 176-196.
- James Alm & Michele Bernasconi & Susan Laury & Daniel J. Lee & Sally Wallace, 2016. "Culture, Compliance, and Confidentiality: Taxpayer Behavior in the United States and Italy," Working Papers 2016:36, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- Evers, Andrea & Hundsdoerfer, Jochen, 2014. "Country-by-Country Reporting: Eine neue Rechnungslegung über länderspezifische Wertschöpfung und Ertragsteuern?," Discussion Papers 2014/20, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Scott D Dyreng & Jeffrey L Hoopes & Jaron H Wilde, 2014. "Public pressure and corporate tax behaviour," Working Papers 1416, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
- repec:zbw:zewexp:172786 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ntj:journl:v:66:y:2013:i:3:p:571-608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sally Sztrecska). General contact details of provider: https://www.ntanet.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.