DEA as a business failure prediction tool. Application to the case of galician SMEs
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- McKee, Thomas E. & Lensberg, Terje, 2002. "Genetic programming and rough sets: A hybrid approach to bankruptcy classification," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 138(2), pages 436-451, April.
- Premachandra, I.M. & Bhabra, Gurmeet Singh & Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki, 2009. "DEA as a tool for bankruptcy assessment: A comparative study with logistic regression technique," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 193(2), pages 412-424, March.
- R. Slowinski & C. Zopounidis, 1995. "Application of the Rough Set Approach to Evaluation of Bankruptcy Risk," Intelligent Systems in Accounting, Finance and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 4(1), pages 27-41, March.
- Ella Mae Matsumura & K.R. Subramanyam & Robert R. Tucker, 1997. "Strategic Auditor Behavior and Going-Concern Decisions," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(6), pages 727-758.
- Warner, Jerold B, 1977. "Bankruptcy Costs: Some Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 32(2), pages 337-347, May.
- Sinuany-Stern, Zilla & Friedman, Lea, 1998. "DEA and the discriminant analysis of ratios for ranking units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 470-478, December.
- Peel, MJ & Peel, DA & Pope, PF, 1986. "Predicting corporate failure-- Some results for the UK corporate sector," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 5-12.
- Chen, Yao & Morita, Hiroshi & Zhu, Joe, 2003. "Multiplier bounds in DEA via strong complementary slackness condition solution," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 11-19, October.
- Adler, Nicole & Friedman, Lea & Sinuany-Stern, Zilla, 2002. "Review of ranking methods in the data envelopment analysis context," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 140(2), pages 249-265, July.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Li, Yongjun & Chen, Yao & Liang, Liang & Xie, Jianhui, 2012. "DEA models for extended two-stage network structures," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 611-618.
- Martin, Daniel, 1977. "Early warning of bank failure : A logit regression approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 249-276, November.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- repec:bla:joares:v:18:y:1980:i:1:p:109-131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick L. Brockett & Linda L. Golden & Jaeho Jang & Chuanhou Yang, 2006. "A Comparison of Neural Network, Statistical Methods, and Variable Choice for Life Insurers' Financial Distress Prediction," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(3), pages 397-419.
- Pindado, Julio & Rodrigues, Luis & de la Torre, Chabela, 2008. "Estimating financial distress likelihood," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 995-1003, September.
- Frydman, Halina & Altman, Edward I & Kao, Duen-Li, 1985. " Introducing Recursive Partitioning for Financial Classification: The Case of Financial Distress," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 269-291, March.
- William F. Messier, Jr. & James V. Hansen, 1988. "Inducing Rules for Expert System Development: An Example Using Default and Bankruptcy Data," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 34(12), pages 1403-1415, December.
More about this item
KeywordsDEA operational research; business failure; forecast;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nax:conyad:v:59:y:2014:i:2:p:65-96. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alberto García-Narvaez (Technical Editor)) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Alberto García-Narvaez (Technical Editor) to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fcunamx.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.