Differences in the Characteristics of Impoverishment Between Northern Hungary and Southern Great Plain
In Southern Great Plain and in Northern Hungary, poverty is a big issue, not only in country, but also in European context. Both poverty rate and relative poverty gap excess Hungarian and European average. As these regions are economically backward, too, my study examines whether economic growth (or recession) has an effect on poverty and if so, what kind of effect it is.
Volume (Year): 7 (2011)
Issue (Month): 01 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.gtk.uni-miskolc.hu/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Van Praag, Bernard, 1971.
"The welfare function of income in Belgium: An empirical investigation,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 337-369.
- Van Praag, Bernard, 1971. "The welfare function of income in Belgium: An empirical investigation," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 337-369.
- Kakwani, Nanak, 1993. "Poverty and Economic Growth with Application to Cote d'Ivoire," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(2), pages 121-139, June.
- S. M. Ravi Kanbur, 1987. "Measurement and Alleviation of Poverty: With an Application to the Effects of Macroeconomic Adjustment (Evaluation quantitative de la pauvretÃ© et remÃ¨des possibles: analyse des effets d'un ajustemen," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(1), pages 60-85, March.
- Emma Samman, 2007. "Psychological and Subjective Well-being: A Proposal for Internationally Comparable Indicators," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 459-486. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mic:tmpjrn:v:7:y:2011:i:01:p:93-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.