Nonmajoritarian Institutions and the Limits of Democratic Governance: A Political Transaction-Cost Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Haan, Jakob, 1997.
"The European Central Bank: Independence, Accountability and Strategy: A Review,"
Springer, vol. 93(3-4), pages 395-426, December.
- Jakob de Haan, 1997. "The European Central Bank: Independence, accountability and strategy: A review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 93(3), pages 395-426, December.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1977. "Rules Rather Than Discretion: The Inconsistency of Optimal Plans," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(3), pages 473-491, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dreher, Axel & Voigt, Stefan, 2011.
"Does membership in international organizations increase governments' credibility? Testing the effects of delegating powers,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 326-348, September.
- Axel Dreher & Stefan Voigt, 2008. "Does Membership in International Organizations Increase Governments’ Credibility? Testing the Effects of Delegating Powers," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200819, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Axel Dreher & Stefan Voigt, 2008. "Does Membership in International Organizations Increase Governments' Credibility? Testing the Effects of Delegating Powers," KOF Working papers 08-193, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- Xosé Carlos Arias & Gonzalo Caballero, 2003. "Instituciones, costos de transacción y políticas públicas: un panorama," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 5(8), pages 117-146, January-J.
- Tamer Çetin & M. Zahid Sobacı & Mehmet Nargeleçekenler, 2016. "Independence and accountability of independent regulatory agencies: the case of Turkey," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 41(3), pages 601-620, June.
- Voigt, Stefan & Ebeling, Michael & Blume, Lorenz, 2007.
"Improving credibility by delegating judicial competence--the case of the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 348-373, March.
- Voigt, Stefan & Ebeling, Michael & Blume, Lorenz, 2004. "Improving Credibility by Delegating Judicial Competence: The Case of the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 67, University of Kassel, Faculty of Economics and Management.
- Antonio Afonso & Carla Scaglioni, 2006. "An Assessment of Telecommunications Regulation Performance in the European Union," Working Papers Department of Economics 2006/07, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Stefan Collignon & Sebastian Diessner, 2016. "The ECB's Monetary Dialogue with the European Parliament: Efficiency and Accountability during the Euro Crisis?," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(6), pages 1296-1312, November.
- Giandomenico Majone, 2002. "International Economic Integration, National Autonomy, Transnational Democracy: An Impossible Trinity?," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers 48, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Voigt, Stefan & Gutmann, Jerg & Feld, Lars P., 2015.
"Economic growth and judicial independence, a dozen years on: Cross-country evidence using an updated Set of indicators,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 197-211.
- Stefan Voigt & Jerg Gutmann & Lars P. Feld, 2014. "Economic Growth and Judicial Independence, a Dozen Years On: Cross-Country Evidence Using an Updated Set of Indicators," CESifo Working Paper Series 5010, CESifo Group Munich.
- Axel Dreher & Stefan Voigt, 2008. "Does Membership in International Organizations Increase Governmentsâ€™ Credibility? Testing the Effects of Delegating Powers," CESifo Working Paper Series 2285, CESifo Group Munich.
- Anja Zorob, 2007. "The Potential of Regional Integration Agreements (RIAs) in Enhancing the Credibility of Reform: The Case of the Syrian-European Association Agreement," GIGA Working Paper Series 51, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y::i:133:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Abbott, Malcolm & Ma, Xiaoying, 2013. "The regulatory governance of the telecommunication and electricity industries in small, island nations," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 7-16.
- Gonzalo Caballero Miguez, 2006. "The industrial organization of Congress in USA and Spain: a comparative institutional analysis," Revista de Analisis Economico – Economic Analysis Review, Ilades-Georgetown University, Universidad Alberto Hurtado/School of Economics and Bussines, vol. 21(2), pages 105-123, December.
- Richard Bellamy, 2010. "The Liberty of the Post-Moderns? Market and Civic Freedom within the EU," LEQS – LSE 'Europe in Question' Discussion Paper Series 01, European Institute, LSE.
- Voigt, Stefan, 2005. "Membership has its Privileges: On the Effects of Delegating Powers Internationally," Volkswirtschaftliche Diskussionsbeiträge 73, University of Kassel, Faculty of Economics and Management.
More about this item
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mhr:jinste:urn:sici:0932-4569(200103)157:1_57:niatlo_2.0.tx_2-v. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert). General contact details of provider: https://www.mohr.de/jite .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.