Stamp Duty on Shares and Its Effect on Share Prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Stephen Bond & Mike Hawkins & Alexander Klemm, 2004. "Stamp duty on shares and its effect on share prices," IFS Working Papers W04/11, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
References listed on IDEAS
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:eee:finsta:v:31:y:2017:i:c:p:81-92 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zsolt Darvas & Jakob Weizsäcker, 2011.
"Financial transaction tax: Small is beautiful,"
Society and Economy,
Akadémiai Kiadó, Hungary, vol. 33(3), pages 449-473, December.
- Zsolt Darvas & Jakob von Weizsäcker, 2010. "Financial Transaction Tax: Small is Beautiful," Working Papers 1001, Department of Mathematical Economics and Economic Analysis, Corvinus University of Budapest, revised 31 Aug 2010.
- Zsolt Darvas & Jakob von Weizsäcker, 2010. "Financial-Transaction Tax: Small Is Beautiful," Policy Contributions 379, Bruegel.
- Zsolt Darvas & Jakob von Weizs„cker, 2010. "Financial Transaction Tax: Small is Beautiful," IEHAS Discussion Papers 1019, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Neil McCulloch & Grazia Pacillo, 2010. "The Tobin Tax A Review of the Evidence," Working Paper Series 1611, Department of Economics, University of Sussex Business School.
- European Commission, 2011. "Tax Reforms in EU Member States 2011: tax policy challenges for economic growth and fiscal sustainability," Taxation Papers 28, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Danuse Nerudova, 2011. "Taxing the financial sector in the European Union," MENDELU Working Papers in Business and Economics 2011-16, Mendel University in Brno, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Chaudhry, Sajid Mukhtar & Mullineux, Andrew & Agarwal, Natasha, 2015. "Balancing the regulation and taxation of banking," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 38-52.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan J.A. Nicodème, 2010.
"The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2932, CESifo Group Munich.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaetan Nicodeme, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," Taxation Papers 20, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Thomas Hemmelgarn & Gaëtan Nicodème, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," Working Papers CEB 10-006.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Hemmelgarn, Thomas & Nicodème, Gaëtan, 2010. "The 2008 Financial Crisis and Taxation Policy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7666, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lensberg, Terje & Schenk-Hoppé, Klaus Reiner & Ladley, Dan, 2015.
"Costs and benefits of financial regulation: Short-selling bans and transaction taxes,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 103-118.
- Terje Lensberg & Klaus Reiner Schenk-Hoppé & Daniel Ladley, 2012. "Costs and Benefits of Financial Regulation: Short-Selling Bans and Transaction Taxes," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 12-27, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Eichfelder, Sebastian & Lau, Mona, 2016. "Financial transaction taxes: Announcement effects, short-run effects, and long-run effects," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 211, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Lensberg, Terje & Schenk-Hoppé, Klaus Reiner & Ladley, Dan, 2012. "Costs and Benefits of Speculation," Discussion Papers 2012/12, Norwegian School of Economics, Department of Business and Management Science.
- Copenhagen Economics, 2011. "Elasticities of Financial Instruments, Profits and Remuneration," Taxation Papers 30, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Eichfelder, Sebastian & Lau, Mona & Noth, Felix, 2018. "The impact of financial transaction taxes on stock markets: Short-run effects, long-run effects, and migration," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 228, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- JÃ¼rgen Antony & Michiel Bijlsma & Adam Elbourne & Marcel Lever & Gijsbert Zwart, 2012. "Financial transaction tax: review and assessment," CPB Discussion Paper 202, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Shawn Fremstad, 2008. "Measuring Poverty and Economic Inclusion: The Current Poverty Measure, the NAS Alternative, and the Case for a Truly New Approach," CEPR Reports and Issue Briefs 2008-36, Center for Economic and Policy Research (CEPR).
- Doris Prammer, 2011. "Quality of taxation and the crisis: Tax shifts from a growth perspective," Taxation Papers 29, Directorate General Taxation and Customs Union, European Commission.
- Cappelletti, Giuseppe & Guazzarotti, Giovanni & Tommasino, Pietro, 2017.
"The stock market effects of a securities transaction tax: Quasi-experimental evidence from Italy,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 81-92.
- Tommasino, Pietro & Cappelletti, Giuseppe & Guazzarotti, Giovanni, 2016. "The stock market effects of a securities transaction tax: quasi-experimental evidence from Italy," Working Paper Series 1949, European Central Bank.
- Lendvai, Julia & Raciborski, Rafal & Vogel, Lukas, 2013. "Macroeconomic effects of an equity transaction tax in a general-equilibrium model," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 466-482.
- Eichfelder, Sebastian & Lau, Mona & Noth, Felix, 2017. "Financial transaction taxes: Announcement effects, short-run effects, and long-run effects," IWH Discussion Papers 4/2017, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
More about this item
Keywordsstamp duty; transaction tax; quasi-experiment; tax reform;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- H29 - Public Economics - - Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue - - - Other
- E62 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - Fiscal Policy
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mhr:finarc:urn:sici:0015-2218(200511)61:3_275:sdosai_2.0.tx_2-v. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Wolpert). General contact details of provider: https://www.mohrsiebeck.com/fa .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.