Analyzing Systemic Risk in CEE Markets in 2007–2008 Financial Crisis
The purpose of the article is to attempt to answer the question of how the crisis affected the banking systems of cee countries, with special emphasis on liquidity risk. It seems that this problem has particularly affected emerging economies. First, the liquidity risk began to exert considerable influence on the functioning banking system and, indirectly, the whole economy. In this paper author wanted to answer the following questions: What are the channels of transmission systemic risk on cee markets? What is the role of big world banking groups in these financial systems? This concept is applied to ten Central Eastern European countries, which experienced a financial crisis. In the research author hypothesized about interconnectedness of liquidity in financial systems and solvency problems of big banking groups operating in CEE.
Volume (Year): 8 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cankarjeva 5, SI-6104 Koper, PO BOX 345|
Phone: 05 610 20 00
Fax: 05 610 20 15
Web page: http://www.mng.fm-kp.si
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.mng.fm-kp.si Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Postlewaite, Andrew & Vives, Xavier, 1987. "Bank Runs as an Equilibrium Phenomenon," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(3), pages 485-491, June.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000.
"Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Dybvig, Philip H, 1983. "Bank Runs, Deposit Insurance, and Liquidity," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(3), pages 401-419, June.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 1996. "Interbank Lending and Systemic Risk," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(4), pages 733-762, November.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 1996. "Interbank lending and systemic risk," Proceedings, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), pages 733-765.
- Nier, Erlend & Yang, Jing & Yorulmazer, Tanju & Alentorn, Amadeo, 2007. "Network models and financial stability," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2033-2060, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mgt:youmng:v:8:y:2013:i:1:p:37-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.