Intrapreneurship, Competition and Company Efficiency
This paper investigates intrapreneurship, competition and company efficiency in large Slovenian companies in order to provide firm-level evidence and management implications on the extent to which companies exploit available internal business potentials. The survey data for the sample of large Slovenian companies and statistical methodology are used to analyse the association between intrapreneurship, competition and company efficiency. The empirical results confirmed the significant impact of the internal business potentials on the operating results of the analysed companies. The utilization rate of internal business potentials was only partially or ill-used, reflecting the internal potential source of unused business opportunities as one of possible ways to improve competitive advantage and company efficiency. The empirical results imply the importance of long-term managerial strategy towards innovation and encouraging creativity as the basis for successful internal corporate business strategy to improve competitive advantage and company efficiency.
Volume (Year): 11 (2013)
Issue (Month): 2 (Summer) ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cankarjeva 5, SI-6104 Koper, PO BOX 345|
Phone: 05 610 20 00
Fax: 05 610 20 15
Web page: http://www.mgt.fm-kp.si
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.mgt.fm-kp.si Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bostjan Antoncic & Otmar Zorn, 2004. "The Mediating Role of Corporate Entrepreneurship in the Organizational Support–Performance Relationship: An Empirical Examination," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 2(1), pages 5-14.
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Filatotchev, Igor & Wright, Mike, 2009. "How do threshold firms sustain corporate entrepreneurship? The role of boards and absorptive capacity," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 248-260, May.
- Parker, Simon C., 2011.
"Intrapreneurship or entrepreneurship?,"
Journal of Business Venturing,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 19-34, January.
- Parker, Simon C., 2009. "Intrapreneurship or Entrepreneurship?," IZA Discussion Papers 4195, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- David Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and regional growth: an evolutionary interpretation," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 14(5), pages 605-616, December.
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max C. & Lehmann, Erik E., 2006. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183511. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mgt:youmgt:v:11:y:2013:i:2:p:161-179. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.