The NCAA Cartel and Competitive Balance in College Football
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brown, Robert W, 1993. "An Estimate of the Rent Generated by a Premium College Football Player," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 31(4), pages 671-684, October.
- Lester G. Telser, 1964. "Advertising and Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 537-537.
- Randall W. Bennett & John L. Fizel, 1995. "Telecast Deregulation and Competitive Balance," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 54(2), pages 183-199, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul, Rodney J. & Weinbach, Andrew P., 2012. "Competitive balance in the NFL?," Edition HWWI: Chapters,in: Zur Ökonomik von Spitzenleistungen im internationalen Sport, pages 73-84 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).
- Ross Booth, 2005. "Comparing Competitive Balance In Australian Sports Leagues, The Afl, Nbl And Nrl: Does The Afl'S Team Salary Cap And Player Draft Measure Up?," Monash Economics Working Papers 02/05, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- Jaret Treber & Rachel Levy & Victor A. Matheson, 2013.
"Gender differences in competitive balance in intercollegiate basketball,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Women in Sports, chapter 12, pages 251-268
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jaret Treber & Rachel Levy & Victor Matheson, 2011. "Gender Differences in Competitive Balance in Intercollegiate Basketball," Working Papers 1106, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Jaret Treber & Rachel Levy & Victor Matheson, 2011. "Gender Differences in Competitive Balance in Intercollegiate Basketball," Working Papers 1117, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Booth, Ross, 2005. "Comparing Competitive Balance in Australian Sports Leagues: Does a Salary Cap and Player Draft Measure Up?," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 119-143, September.
- John Fizel & Charles Brown, 2014. "Assessing the Determinants of NCAA Football Violations," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 42(3), pages 277-290, September.
- Pelnar, Gregory, 2007. "Antitrust Analysis of Sports Leagues," MPRA Paper 5382, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeroen Schokkaert & Johan Swinnen, 2013. "It is Harder, not Easier, to Predict the Winner of the Champions League," LICOS Discussion Papers 32913, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Dorian Owen, 2014.
"Measurement of competitive balance and uncertainty of outcome,"
Chapters,in: Handbook on the Economics of Professional Football, chapter 3, pages 41-59
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- P. Dorian Owen, 2013. "Measurement of Competitive Balance and Uncertainty of Outcome," Working Papers 1311, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2013.
- Gasparetto, Thadeu & Barajas, Angel, 2016. "Reanalisando a competitividade na indústria do futebol: diferença acumulada de pontos," RAE - Revista de Administração de Empresas, FGV-EAESP Escola de Administração de Empresas de São Paulo (Brazil), vol. 56(3), May.
- Tyler Cowen & Daniel Sutter, 2005. "Conflict, Cooperation and Competition in Anarchy," The Review of Austrian Economics, Springer;Society for the Development of Austrian Economics, vol. 18(1), pages 109-115, January.
- Paul, Rodney J. & Weinbach, Andrew P., 2007. "The uncertainty of outcome and scoring effects on Nielsen ratings for Monday Night Football," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 199-211.
- Young Hoon Lee & Yongdai Kim & Sara Kim, 2016. "A Bias-Corrected Estimator of Competitive Balance in Sports Leagues," Working Papers 1611, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Steven Salaga & Rodney Fort, 2017. "Structural Change in Competitive Balance in Big-Time College Football," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 50(1), pages 27-41, February.
- Kathleen A. Carroll & Brad R. Humphreys, 2003. "Agency Behavior in a Nonprofit Setting: Effects of the 1984 Supreme Court NCAA Decision," UMBC Economics Department Working Papers 03-106, UMBC Department of Economics.
- Dorian Owen & Caitlin Owen, 2017. "Simulation Evidence on Herfindahl-Hirschman Indices as Measures of Competitive Balance," Working Papers 1715, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsCartel; NCAA; football; competition;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:revind:v:13:y:1998:i:3:p:347-369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.