Networks Matter: Male Mexican Migrants’ Use of Hospitals
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ullmann, S. Heidi & Goldman, Noreen & Massey, Douglas S., 2011. "Healthier before they migrate, less healthy when they return? The health of returned migrants in Mexico," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 73(3), pages 421-428, August.
- Gretchen Livingston, 2006. "Gender, Job Searching, and Employment Outcomes among Mexican Immigrants," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 25(1), pages 43-66, February.
- Michael Bernabé Aguilera, 2002. "The Impact of Social Capital on Labor Force Participation: Evidence from the 2000 Social Capital Benchmark Survey," Social Science Quarterly, Southwestern Social Science Association, vol. 83(3), pages 853-874.
- George J. Borjas & Lynette Hilton, 1996. "Immigration and the Welfare State: Immigrant Participation in Means-Tested Entitlement Programs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(2), pages 575-604.
- Ilana Akresh, 2009. "Health Service Utilization Among Immigrants to the United States," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 28(6), pages 795-815, December.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.044602_9 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.096222_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2006.098541_5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chavez, Leo R. & Cornelius, Wayne A. & Williams Jones, Oliver, 1985. "Mexican immigrants and the utilization of U.S. health services: The case of San Diego," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 93-102, January.
- repec:aph:ajpbhl:10.2105/ajph.2004.059402_2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alberto Palloni & Elizabeth Arias, 2004. "Paradox lost: Explaining the hispanic adult mortality advantage," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(3), pages 385-415, August.
More about this item
KeywordsMexico; Migrants; Social networks; Healthcare; Hospitals;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:poprpr:v:31:y:2012:i:3:p:321-337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .