Theoretical Evidence of Existing Pitfalls in Measuring Hubbing Practices in Airline Networks
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Martin, Juan Carlos & Román, Concepción, 2003. "Hub location in the South-Atlantic airline market: A spatial competition game," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 865-888, December.
- Veldhuis, Jan, 1997. "The competitive position of airline networks," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 181-188.
- Tae Hoon Oum & Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang, 1995. "Airline Network Rivalry," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4a), pages 836-57, November.
- Marco Alderighi & Alessandro Cento & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2007. "Assessment of New Hub‐and‐Spoke and Point‐to‐Point Airline Network Configurations," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(5), pages 529-549, February.
- Neil Bania & Paul W. Bauer & Thomas J. Zlatoper, 1992.
"U.S. air passenger service: a taxonomy of route networks, hub locations, and competition,"
9216, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Bania, Neil & Bauer, Paul W. & Zlatoper, Thomas J., 1998. "U.S. Air Passenger Service: a Taxonomy of Route Networks, Hub Locations, and Competition," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 53-74, March.
- Martín, Juan Carlos & Román, Concepción, 2004. "Analyzing competition for hub location in intercontinental aviation markets," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 135-150, March.
- Borenstein, S., 1991.
"The Evolution of U.S. Airline Competition,"
389, California Davis - Institute of Governmental Affairs.
- Burghouwt, Guillaume & Hakfoort, Jacco & Ritsema van Eck, Jan, 2003. "The spatial configuration of airline networks in Europe," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 9(5), pages 309-323.
- Brueckner, Jan K & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "Economies of Traffic Density in the Deregulated Airline Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 379-415, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:netspa:v:8:y:2008:i:2:p:161-181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.