U.S. air passenger service: a taxonomy of route networks, hub locations, and competition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bania, Neil & Bauer, Paul W. & Zlatoper, Thomas J., 1998. "U.S. Air Passenger Service: a Taxonomy of Route Networks, Hub Locations, and Competition," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 53-74, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Severin Borenstein, 1992. "The Evolution of U.S. Airline Competition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 45-73, Spring.
- Paul W. Bauer & Thomas J. Zlatoper, 1989. "The determinants of direct air fares to Cleveland: how competitive?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 2-9.
- Morrison, Steven A & Winston, Clifford, 1987. "Empirical Implications and Tests of the Contestability Hypothesis," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 53-66, April.
- Hurdle, Gloria J, et al, 1989. "Concentration, Potential Entry, and Performance in the Airline Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 119-139, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Martín & Augusto Voltes-Dorta, 2008. "Theoretical Evidence of Existing Pitfalls in Measuring Hubbing Practices in Airline Networks," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 161-181, September.
- Fangwu Wei & Tony H. Grubesic, 2015. "A Typology of Rural Airports in the United States: Evaluating Network Accessibility," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1), pages 57-85, Spring.
- Wei, Fangwu & Grubesic, Tony H., 2016. "The pain persists: Exploring the spatiotemporal trends in air fares and itinerary pricing in the United States, 2002â€“2013," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 107-121.
- Nakagawa, Dai & Aoyama, Yoshitaka & Ito, Tadashi & Nishizawa, Hiroyuki, 2005. "Assessment of passenger benefits brought about by international airport projects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 512-524, November.
- José Ignacio Castillo Manzano & Fernando González Laxe & Lourdes López Valpuesta, 2006. "Una Introducción al Análisis del Tráfico de Contenedores mediante los Vectores Autoregresivos," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 5, pages 1-23, January.
- Liu, Zhi-Jun & Debbage, Keith & Blackburn, Brendan, 2006. "Locational determinants of major US air passenger markets by metropolitan area," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 331-341.
- Hayes, Kathy J. & Ross, Leola B., 1996. "Is airline price dispersion the result of careful planning or competitive forces?," Working Papers 9607, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Hsu, Chaug-Ing & Wen, Yuh-Horng, 2000. "Application of Grey theory and multiobjective programming towards airline network design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 44-68, November.
- Van Landeghem, H. & Beuselinck, A., 2002. "Reducing passenger boarding time in airplanes: A simulation based approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 294-308, October.
- Tony H. Grubesic & Timothy C. Matisziw, 2011. "World Cities and Airline Networks," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Globalization and World Cities, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gupta, Gautam & Goodchild, Anne & Hansen, Mark, 2011. "A competitive, charter air-service planning model for student athlete travel," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 128-149, January.
- Sun, Xiaoqian & Wandelt, Sebastian, 2014. "Network similarity analysis of air navigation route systems," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 416-434.
- Chen, Jeng-Fung, 2007. "A hybrid heuristic for the uncapacitated single allocation hub location problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 211-220, April.
- Martin, Juan Carlos & Román, Concepción, 2003. "Hub location in the South-Atlantic airline market: A spatial competition game," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 865-888, December.
- Anderson, William P. & Gong, Gang & Lakshmanan, T.R., 2005. "Competition in a Deregulated Market for Air Travel: The U.S. Domestic Experience and Lessons for Global Markets," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-25, January.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:9216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .