U.S. air passenger service: a taxonomy of route networks, hub locations, and competition
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Bania, Neil & Bauer, Paul W. & Zlatoper, Thomas J., 1998. "U.S. Air Passenger Service: a Taxonomy of Route Networks, Hub Locations, and Competition," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 53-74, March.
References listed on IDEAS
- Severin Borenstein, 1992. "The Evolution of U.S. Airline Competition," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(2), pages 45-73, Spring.
- Paul W. Bauer & Thomas J. Zlatoper, 1989. "The determinants of direct air fares to Cleveland: how competitive?," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q I, pages 2-9.
- Morrison, Steven A & Winston, Clifford, 1987. "Empirical Implications and Tests of the Contestability Hypothesis," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 53-66, April.
- Hurdle, Gloria J, et al, 1989. "Concentration, Potential Entry, and Performance in the Airline Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(2), pages 119-139, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Juan Martín & Augusto Voltes-Dorta, 2008. "Theoretical Evidence of Existing Pitfalls in Measuring Hubbing Practices in Airline Networks," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 161-181, September.
- Fangwu Wei & Tony H. Grubesic, 2015. "A Typology of Rural Airports in the United States: Evaluating Network Accessibility," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1), pages 57-85, Spring.
- Wei, Fangwu & Grubesic, Tony H., 2016. "The pain persists: Exploring the spatiotemporal trends in air fares and itinerary pricing in the United States, 2002â€“2013," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 107-121.
- Nakagawa, Dai & Aoyama, Yoshitaka & Ito, Tadashi & Nishizawa, Hiroyuki, 2005. "Assessment of passenger benefits brought about by international airport projects," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 512-524, November.
- José Ignacio Castillo Manzano & Fernando González Laxe & Lourdes López Valpuesta, 2006. "Una Introducción al Análisis del Tráfico de Contenedores mediante los Vectores Autoregresivos," Economic Analysis Working Papers (2002-2010). Atlantic Review of Economics (2011-2016), Colexio de Economistas de A Coruña, Spain and Fundación Una Galicia Moderna, vol. 5, pages 1-23, January.
- Liu, Zhi-Jun & Debbage, Keith & Blackburn, Brendan, 2006. "Locational determinants of major US air passenger markets by metropolitan area," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(6), pages 331-341.
- Jaap deWit & Jan Veldhuis & Guillaume Burghouwt & Hidenobu Matsumoto, 2009. "Competitive Position Of Primary Airports In The Asia-Pacific Rim," Pacific Economic Review, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(5), pages 639-650, December.
- Hayes, Kathy J. & Ross, Leola B., 1996. "Is airline price dispersion the result of careful planning or competitive forces?," Working Papers 9607, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Hsu, Chaug-Ing & Wen, Yuh-Horng, 2000. "Application of Grey theory and multiobjective programming towards airline network design," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 127(1), pages 44-68, November.
- Van Landeghem, H. & Beuselinck, A., 2002. "Reducing passenger boarding time in airplanes: A simulation based approach," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 142(2), pages 294-308, October.
- Tony H. Grubesic & Timothy C. Matisziw, 2011. "World Cities and Airline Networks," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Globalization and World Cities, chapter 10 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gupta, Gautam & Goodchild, Anne & Hansen, Mark, 2011. "A competitive, charter air-service planning model for student athlete travel," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 128-149, January.
- Sun, Xiaoqian & Wandelt, Sebastian, 2014. "Network similarity analysis of air navigation route systems," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 416-434.
- Chen, Jeng-Fung, 2007. "A hybrid heuristic for the uncapacitated single allocation hub location problem," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 211-220, April.
- Martin, Juan Carlos & Román, Concepción, 2003. "Hub location in the South-Atlantic airline market: A spatial competition game," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 865-888, December.
- Anderson, William P. & Gong, Gang & Lakshmanan, T.R., 2005. "Competition in a Deregulated Market for Air Travel: The U.S. Domestic Experience and Lessons for Global Markets," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 3-25, January.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedcwp:9216. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (4D Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbclus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.