The Leader–Follower Location Model
This paper summarizes some results for the leader–follower location model on networks in several scenarios. Discretization results are considered and differences derived from the inelastic and elastic demand assumptions, as well as from the customer’s choice rule, are emphasized. Finally, some issues for future lines of investigation are suggested. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hakimi, S. Louis, 1983. "On locating new facilities in a competitive environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-35, January.
- Owen, Susan Hesse & Daskin, Mark S., 1998. "Strategic facility location: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 423-447, December.
- Nimrod Megiddo, 1981. "The Maximum Coverage Location Problem," Discussion Papers 490, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Peter Peeters & Frank Plastria, 1998. "Discretization results for the Huff and Pareto-Huff competitive location models on networks," TOP- An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 6(2), pages 247-260, December.
- Gunawardane, Gamini, 1982. "Dynamic versions of set covering type public facility location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 190-195, June.
- Wendell, R. E. & McKelvey, R. D., 1981. "New perspectives in competitive location theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 174-182, February.
- Ram C. Rao & David P. Rutenberg, 1979. "Preempting an Alert Rival: Strategic Timing of the First Plant by Analysis of Sophisticated Rivalry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 412-428, Autumn.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:netspa:v:7:y:2007:i:1:p:45-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.