The Leader–Follower Location Model
This paper summarizes some results for the leader–follower location model on networks in several scenarios. Discretization results are considered and differences derived from the inelastic and elastic demand assumptions, as well as from the customer’s choice rule, are emphasized. Finally, some issues for future lines of investigation are suggested. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2007
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Owen, Susan Hesse & Daskin, Mark S., 1998. "Strategic facility location: A review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 111(3), pages 423-447, December.
- Gunawardane, Gamini, 1982. "Dynamic versions of set covering type public facility location problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 190-195, June.
- Nimrod Megiddo, 1981. "The Maximum Coverage Location Problem," Discussion Papers 490, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Wendell, R. E. & McKelvey, R. D., 1981. "New perspectives in competitive location theory," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 174-182, February.
- Hakimi, S. Louis, 1983. "On locating new facilities in a competitive environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-35, January.
- Ram C. Rao & David P. Rutenberg, 1979. "Preempting an Alert Rival: Strategic Timing of the First Plant by Analysis of Sophisticated Rivalry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 10(2), pages 412-428, Autumn.
- Peter Peeters & Frank Plastria, 1998. "Discretization results for the Huff and Pareto-Huff competitive location models on networks," TOP: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 247-260, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:netspa:v:7:y:2007:i:1:p:45-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.