The Impact of Pillar 3 Disclosure Requirements on Bank Safety
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 41 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/journal/10693|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hyytinen, A. & Takalo, T., 2000.
"Enhancing Bank Transparency: a Re-assessment,"
University of Helsinki, Department of Economics
492, Department of Economics.
- Cordella, Tito & Levy Yeyati, Eduardo, 1998.
"Financial Opening, Deposit Insurance and Risk in a Model of Banking Competition,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1939, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cordella, Tito & Yeyati, Eduardo Levy, 2002. "Financial opening, deposit insurance, and risk in a model of banking competition," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 471-485, March.
- Repullo, Rafael, 2004.
"Capital requirements, market power, and risk-taking in banking,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 156-182, April.
- Repullo, Rafael, 2003. "Capital Requirements, Market Power and Risk-Taking in Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 3721, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Rafael Repullo, 2002. "Capital requirements, market power, and risk-taking in banking," Proceedings 809, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Décamps, Jean-Paul & Rochet, Jean-Charles & Roger, Benoît, 2003.
"The Three Pillars of Basel II, Optimizing the Mix,"
IDEI Working Papers
179, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1999.
"Liquidity Risk, Liquidity Creation and Financial Fragility: A Theory of Banking,"
NBER Working Papers
7430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2001. "Liquidity Risk, Liquidity Creation, and Financial Fragility: A Theory of Banking," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 109(2), pages 287-327, April.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 1998. "Liquidity risk, liquidity creation and financial fragility: a theory of banking," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, . "Liquidity Risk, Liquidity Creation and Financial Fragility: A Theory of Banking," CRSP working papers 476, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
- Yuliang Wu & Michael Bowe, 2010. "Information Disclosure, Market Discipline and the Management of Bank Capital: Evidence from the Chinese Financial Sector," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 38(2), pages 159-186, December.
- Matutes, Carmen & Vives, Xavier, 1996. "Competition for Deposits, Fragility, and Insurance," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 184-216, April.
- VanHoose, David, 2007. "Theories of bank behavior under capital regulation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(12), pages 3680-3697, December.
- Besanko, David & Kanatas, George, 1996. "The Regulation of Bank Capital: Do Capital Standards Promote Bank Safety?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 160-183, April.
- Nier, Erlend & Baumann, Ursel, 2006. "Market discipline, disclosure and moral hazard in banking," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 332-361, July.
- Gordy, Michael B. & Howells, Bradley, 2006. "Procyclicality in Basel II: Can we treat the disease without killing the patient?," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 395-417, July.
- María Penas & Günseli Tümer-Alkan, 2010. "Bank Disclosure and Market Assessment of Financial Fragility: Evidence from Turkish Banks’ Equity Prices," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 159-178, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:41:y:2012:i:1:p:37-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.