On duality and the benefit function
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sundaram,Rangarajan K., 1996. "A First Course in Optimization Theory," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521497701, December.
- Keith R. McLaren & K. K. Gary Wong, 2009.
"The Benefit Function Approach to Modeling Price-Dependent Demand Systems: An Application of Duality Theory,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(4), pages 1110-1123.
- Keith R. McLaren & K. K. Gary Wong, 2008. "The Benefit Function Approach to Modeling Price-Dependent Demand Systems: An Application of Duality Theory," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 8/08, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Luenberger, David G., 1992. "Benefit functions and duality," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 461-481.
- Färe, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Hayes, Kathy J. & Margaritis, Dimitris, 2008. "Estimating demand with distance functions: Parameterization in the primal and dual," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 266-274, December.
- Sundaram,Rangarajan K., 1996. "A First Course in Optimization Theory," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521497190, December.
- Luenberger, David G, 1996. "Welfare from a Benefit Viewpoint," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 445-462.
- Barten, A. P. & Bettendorf, L. J., 1989. "Price formation of fish : An application of an inverse demand system," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1509-1525, October.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2004:i:5:p:1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- David G. Luenberger, 1996. "Welfare from a benefit viewpoint (*)," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 445-462.
- Chambers, Robert G. & Chung, Yangho & Fare, Rolf, 1996. "Benefit and Distance Functions," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 407-419, August.
- Bertrand Crettez & Naila Hayek & Jean-Michel Courtault, 2004. "On the differentiability of the benefit function," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(5), pages 1-6.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hovhannisyan, Vardges & Stiegert, Kyle W. & Bozic, Marin, 2013. "On Endogeneity Of Retail Market Power In An Equilibrium Analysis: A Control Function Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149830, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Chavas, Jean-Paul, 2013. "On Demand Analysis and Dynamics: A Benefit Function Approach," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149683, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
KeywordsDuality; Benefit; Consumer welfare; Price-dependent demand; D1; D6;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:99:y:2010:i:2:p:173-184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .