The Duty to Protect: Corporate Complicity, Political Responsibility, and Human Rights Advocacy
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Ruggie, 2008. "Protect, Respect and Remedy: A Framework for Business and Human Rights," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 3(2), pages 189-212, April.
- Scherer, Andreas Georg & Palazzo, Guido & Baumann, Dorothée, 2006. "Global Rules and Private Actors: Toward a New Role of the Transnational Corporation in Global Governance," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 505-532, October.
- Hsieh, Nien-hê, 2009. "Does Global Business Have a Responsibility to Promote Just Institutions?," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 251-273, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Björn Fasterling & Geert Demuijnck, 2013. "Human Rights in the Void? Due Diligence in the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(4), pages 799-814, September.
- Prabhir Poruthiyil, 2013. "Weaning Business Ethics from Strategic Economism: The Development Ethics Perspective," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(4), pages 735-749, September.
- Stel, Nora & Naudé, Wim, 2016. "Business in Genocide: Understanding and Avoiding Complicity," IZA Discussion Papers 9743, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:104:y:2018:i:c:p:222-237 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:145:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2889-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles Anderton & Jurgen Brauer, 2014.
"Economics and Genocide: Choices and Consequences,"
1409, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Jurgen Brauer & Charles Anderton, 2014. "Economics and Genocide: Choices and Consequences," Working Papers 1408, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Brauer, Jurgen & Anderton, Charles H., 2014. "Economics and Genocide: Choices and Consequences," MPRA Paper 55014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lutz Preuss & Donna Brown, 2012. "Business Policies on Human Rights: An Analysis of Their Content and Prevalence Among FTSE 100 Firms," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 109(3), pages 289-299, September.
- Nora Stel, 2014. "Business in Genocide – Understanding the how and why of corporate complicity in genocides," Working Papers 2014/28, Maastricht School of Management.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness and Human Rights; complicity; corporate social responsibility; duty to protect; human rights; human rights advocacy; silent complicity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:96:y:2010:i:1:p:33-47. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.