Perceived Ethicality of Insurance Claim Fraud: Do Higher Deductibles Lead to Lower Ethical Standards?
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- G. Dionne, 2000. "The Empirical Measure of Information Problems with Emphasis on Insurance Fraud," THEMA Working Papers 2000-20, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Joerg Schiller, 2003.
"The Impact of Insurance Fraud Detection Systems,"
0309003, EconWPA, revised 02 Oct 2003.
- Georges Dionne & Robert Gagné, 2001. "Deductible Contracts Against Fraudulent Claims: Evidence From Automobile Insurance," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 290-301, May.
- Tennyson, Sharon, 1997. "Economic institutions and individual ethics: A study of consumer attitudes toward insurance fraud," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 247-265, February.
- Chu-Shiu Li & Chwen-Chi Liu & Jia-Hsing Yeh, 2007. "The Incentive Effects of Increasing Per-Claim Deductible Contracts in Automobile Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(2), pages 441-459.
- Dionne, G., 2000. "The Empirical Measure of Information Problems with Emphasis on Insurance Fraud," Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal- 00-04, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-Chaire de gestion des risques..
- Johannes Brinkmann & Patrick Lentz, 2006. "Understanding Insurance Customer Dishonesty: Outline of a Moral-Sociological Approach," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 177-195, 06.
- Muncy, James A. & Vitell, Scott J., 1992. "Consumer ethics: An investigation of the ethical beliefs of the final consumer," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 297-311, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:87:y:2009:i:4:p:589-598. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.