Perceived Ethicality of Insurance Claim Fraud: Do Higher Deductibles Lead to Lower Ethical Standards?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dionne, G., 2000.
"The Empirical Measure of Information Problems with Emphasis on Insurance Fraud,"
Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-
00-04, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales de Montreal-Chaire de gestion des risques..
- G. Dionne, 2000. "The Empirical Measure of Information Problems with Emphasis on Insurance Fraud," THEMA Working Papers 2000-20, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Tennyson, Sharon, 1997. "Economic institutions and individual ethics: A study of consumer attitudes toward insurance fraud," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 247-265, February.
- Chu-Shiu Li & Chwen-Chi Liu & Jia-Hsing Yeh, 2007. "The Incentive Effects of Increasing Per-Claim Deductible Contracts in Automobile Insurance," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(2), pages 441-459.
- Johannes Brinkmann & Patrick Lentz, 2006. "Understanding Insurance Customer Dishonesty: Outline of a Moral-Sociological Approach," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 177-195, June.
- Georges Dionne & Robert Gagné, 2001. "Deductible Contracts Against Fraudulent Claims: Evidence From Automobile Insurance," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 290-301, May.
- Jörg Schiller, 2006.
"The Impact of Insurance Fraud Detection Systems,"
Journal of Risk & Insurance,
The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 73(3), pages 421-438.
- Schiller, Jörg, 2002. "The impact of insurance fraud detection systems," Working Papers on Risk and Insurance 8, University of Hamburg, Institute for Risk and Insurance.
- Jörg Schiller, 2003. "The Impact of Insurance Fraud Detection Systems," Microeconomics 0310001, EconWPA.
- Joerg Schiller, 2003. "The Impact of Insurance Fraud Detection Systems," Microeconomics 0309003, EconWPA, revised 02 Oct 2003.
- Gustafson, Andrew, 2000. "Making Sense of Postmodern Business Ethics," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 645-658, July.
- Muncy, James A. & Vitell, Scott J., 1992. "Consumer ethics: An investigation of the ethical beliefs of the final consumer," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 297-311, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lammers, Frauke & Schiller, Jörg, 2010. "Contract design and insurance fraud: An experimental investigation," FZID Discussion Papers 19-2010, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Kirsten Martin, 2016. "Understanding Privacy Online: Development of a Social Contract Approach to Privacy," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 137(3), pages 551-569, September.
- Pierre Picard & Kili Wang, 2015. "INSURANCE FRAUD THROUGH COLLUSION BETWEEN POLICYHOLDERS AND CAR DEALERS: THEORY AND EMPIRICAL EVIDENCE Pierre PICARD," Working Papers hal-01140590, HAL.
- Lu-Ming Tseng & Yue-Min Kang, 2015. "Managerial Authority, Turnover Intention and Medical Insurance Claims Adjusters’ Recommendations for Claim Payments," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 40(2), pages 334-352, April.
- Luccioni, Enrique, 2015. "Self-inflicted injury as a rational decision process: The cae of Citrus harvesters in Argentina," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212212, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Pierre Picard, 2012. "Economic Analysis of Insurance Fraud," Working Papers hal-00725561, HAL.
- Lu-Ming Tseng & Wen-Pin Su, 2014. "Insurance Salespeople's Attitudes towards Collusion: The Case of Taiwan’s Car Insurance Industry," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 39(1), pages 25-41, January.
- William Lesch & Johannes Brinkmann, 2011. "Consumer Insurance Fraud/Abuse as Co-creation and Co-responsibility: A New Paradigm," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 103(1), pages 17-32, April.
More about this item
Keywordsinsurance fraud; insurance claim padding; consumer ethics scale; perceived risk; deviant consumer behavior;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:87:y:2009:i:4:p:589-598. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .