A New Scale to Measure Executive Servant Leadership: Development, Analysis, and Implications for Research
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicole Andreoli & Joel Lefkowitz, 2009. "Individual and Organizational Antecedents of Misconduct in Organizations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 85(3), pages 309-332, March.
- Graham, Jill W., 1995. "Leadership, Moral Development, and Citizenship Behavior," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(1), pages 43-54, January.
- Sen Sendjaya & James C. Sarros & Joseph C. Santora, 2008. "Defining and Measuring Servant Leadership Behaviour in Organizations," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 402-424, March.
- Kelly Martin & John Cullen, 2006. "Continuities and Extensions of Ethical Climate Theory: A Meta-Analytic Review," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 69(2), pages 175-194, December.
- Jay Mulki & Jorge Jaramillo & William Locander, 2009. "Critical Role of Leadership on Ethical Climate and Salesperson Behaviors," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 86(2), pages 125-141, May.
- Mitchell Neubert & Dawn Carlson & K. Kacmar & James Roberts & Lawrence Chonko, 2009. "The Virtuous Influence of Ethical Leadership Behavior: Evidence from the Field," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 90(2), pages 157-170, December.
- David A. Waldman & Donald S. Siegel & Mansour Javidan, 2006. "Components of CEO Transformational Leadership and Corporate Social Responsibility," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(8), pages 1703-1725, December.
- Allan P. O. Williams, 2006. "Leadership in Change," Palgrave Macmillan Books, in: The Rise of Cass Business School, chapter 15, pages 200-220, Palgrave Macmillan.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Pablo Ruiz-Palomino & Ricardo Martínez-Cañas & Joan Fontrodona, 2013. "Ethical Culture and Employee Outcomes: The Mediating Role of Person-Organization Fit," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(1), pages 173-188, August.
- Kumar Alok, 2017. "Sāttvika Leadership: An Indian Model of Positive Leadership," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 117-138, April.
- Omar S. Itani & Fernando Jaramillo & Larry Chonko, 2019. "Achieving Top Performance While Building Collegiality in Sales: It All Starts with Ethics," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 156(2), pages 417-438, May.
- Robert Cialdini & Yexin Jessica Li & Adriana Samper & Ned Wellman, 2021. "How Bad Apples Promote Bad Barrels: Unethical Leader Behavior and the Selective Attrition Effect," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 168(4), pages 861-880, February.
- Ismie Roha Mohamed Jais & Nordin Yahaya & Centre of Leadership Profiling, Akademi Kepimpinan Pendidikan Tinggi, Malaysia. & Erlane K Ghani, 2021. "Talent Management in Higher Education Institutions: Developing Leadership Competencies," Journal of Education and e-Learning Research, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 8(1), pages 8-15.
- Raiswa Saha & Shashi & Roberto Cerchione & Rajwinder Singh & Richa Dahiya, 2020. "Effect of ethical leadership and corporate social responsibility on firm performance: A systematic review," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(2), pages 409-429, March.
- Maria Saleem & Faisal Qadeer & Faisal Mahmood & Antonio Ariza-Montes & Heesup Han, 2020. "Ethical Leadership and Employee Green Behavior: A Multilevel Moderated Mediation Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(8), pages 1-16, April.
- Carole L. Jurkiewicz & Robert A. Giacalone, 2016. "Organizational Determinants of Ethical Dysfunctionality," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Rebecca VanMeter & Lawrence B. Chonko & Douglas B. Grisaffe & Emily A. Goad, 2016. "In search of clarity on servant leadership: domain specification and reconceptualization," AMS Review, Springer;Academy of Marketing Science, vol. 6(1), pages 59-78, June.
- Constantin Blome & Antony Paulraj, 2013. "Ethical Climate and Purchasing Social Responsibility: A Benevolence Focus," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(3), pages 567-585, September.
- Byung-Jik Kim & Mohammad Nurunnabi & Tae-Hyun Kim & Se-Youn Jung, 2019. "Does a Good Firm Breed Good Organizational Citizens? The Moderating Role of Perspective Taking," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 16(1), pages 1-15, January.
- Md. Mazharul Islam & Majed Alharthi, 2020. "Relationships among Ethical Commitment, Ethical Climate, Sustainable Procurement Practices, and SME Performance: An PLS-SEM Analysis," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(23), pages 1-25, December.
- Byung-Jik Kim & Mohammad Nurunnabi & Tae-Hyun Kim & Se-Youn Jung, 2018. "The Influence of Corporate Social Responsibility on Organizational Commitment: The Sequential Mediating Effect of Meaningfulness of Work and Perceived Organizational Support," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(7), pages 1-16, June.
- Akanksha Bedi & Can M. Alpaslan & Sandy Green, 2016. "A Meta-analytic Review of Ethical Leadership Outcomes and Moderators," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 517-536, December.
- Mitchell J. Neubert & Emily M. Hunter & Remy C. Tolentino, 2022. "Modeling Character: Servant Leaders, Incivility and Patient Outcomes," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 178(1), pages 261-278, June.
- Hsieh, Hui-Hsien & Wang, Yau-De, 2016. "Linking perceived ethical climate to organizational deviance: The cognitive, affective, and attitudinal mechanisms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(9), pages 3600-3608.
- Yuhyung Shin, 2012. "CEO Ethical Leadership, Ethical Climate, Climate Strength, and Collective Organizational Citizenship Behavior," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 108(3), pages 299-312, July.
- He Peng & Feng Wei, 2020. "How and When Does Leader Behavioral Integrity Influence Employee Voice? The Roles of Team Independence Climate and Corporate Ethical Values," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 166(3), pages 505-521, October.
- Mulki, Jay & Lassk, Felicia G., 2019. "Joint impact of ethical climate and external work locus of control on job meaningfulness," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 46-56.
- Gordon Wang & Rick D. Hackett, 2016. "Conceptualization and Measurement of Virtuous Leadership: Doing Well by Doing Good," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 137(2), pages 321-345, August.
More about this item
Keywordsservant leadership; leadership; scale development; ethical leadership; transformational leadership; authentic leadership; spiritual leadership; moral climate; ethical organizational culture; institutional theory; corporate responsibility; interpersonal support; moral integrity; altruism; egalitarianism; transactional leadership; building community;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:101:y:2011:i:3:p:415-434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.