Scientific policy and free riders
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Heinrich W. Ursprung, 1990. "Public Goods, Rent Dissipation, And Candidate Competition," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 115-132, July.
- Andreoni, James & Bergstrom, Ted, 1996.
"Do Government Subsidies Increase the Private Supply of Public Goods?,"
Springer, vol. 88(3-4), pages 295-308, September.
- Andreoni, J. & Bergstrom, T., 1992. "Do Government Subsidies Increase the Private Supply of Public Goods," Papers 92-11, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Andreoni, J. & Bergstrom, T., 1992. "Do Government Subsidies Increase the Private Supply of Public Good," Working papers 9207, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Andreoni, J. & Bergstrom, T., 1993. "Do Government Subsidies Increase the Private Supply of Public Goods?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 406, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- d'Aspremont, Claude & Bhattacharya, Sudipto & Gerard-Varet, Louis-Andre, 1998.
"Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 389-404, November.
- D'Aspremont, C. & Bhattacharya, S. & Gerard-Varet, L.A., 1993. "Knowledge as a Public Good: Efficient Sharing and Incentives for Development Effort," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 93a18, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- d'ASPREMONT, Claude & BHATTACHARYA, Sudipto & GERARD-VARET, Louis-André, 1998. "Knowledge as a public good: efficient sharing and incentives for development effort," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1356, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Geuna, Aldo, 1998. "Determinants of university participation in EU-funded R & D cooperative projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 677-687, February.
- Wallace E. Huffman & Richard E. Just, 1999.
"Agricultural Research: Benefits and Beneficiaries of Alternative Funding Mechanisms,"
Review of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 21(1), pages 2-18.
- Huffman, Wallace E. & Just, Richard E., 1997. "Agricultural Research: Benefits and Beneficiaries of Alternative Funding Mechanism," ISU General Staff Papers 199712010800001291, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Huffman, Wallace & Just, Richard E., 1999. "Agricultural Research: Benefits and Beneficiaries of Alternative Funding Mechanisms," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1557, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Loehman, Edna & Quesnel, Fabrice N & Babb, Emerson M, 1996. "Free-Rider Effects in Rent-Seeking Groups Competing for Public Goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 86(1-2), pages 35-61, January.
- Koskela, Erkki & Ollikainen, Markku, 1997. "Optimal Design of Forest and Capital Taxation in an Economy with Austrian Sector," Discussion Papers 597, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Kathy Hayes & Laura Razzolini & Leola Ross, 1998.
"Bureaucratic choice and nonoptimal provision of public goods: Theory and evidence,"
Springer, vol. 94(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Hayes, Kathy J & Razzolini, Laura & Ross, Leola B, 1998. "Bureaucratic Choice and Nonoptimal Provision of Public Goods: Theory and Evidence," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 94(1-2), pages 1-20, January.
- Beck, R L & Connolly, J M, 1996. "Some Empirical Evidence on Rent-Seeking," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 87(1-2), pages 19-33, April.
- Katz, Eliakim & Nitzan, Shmuel & Rosenberg, Jacob, 1990. "Rent-Seeking for Pure Public Goods," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 65(1), pages 49-60, April.
- Krueger, Anne O, 1974. "The Political Economy of the Rent-Seeking Society," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 64(3), pages 291-303, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-1171, September.
- ERKKI Koskela & MARKKU Ollikainen, 1997. "Optimal Design of Forest Taxation with Multiple-Use Characteristics of Forest Stands," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 10(1), pages 41-62, July.
- Kahana, Nava & Katz, Eliakim, 1990. "Monopoly, Price Discrimination, and Rent-Seeking," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 64(1), pages 93-100, January.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:iaecre:v:7:y:2001:i:1:p:147-158:10.1007/bf02296599. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.