A simplified test for preference rationality of two-commodity choice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Samiran Banerjee & James Murphy, 2009. "A simplified test for preference rationality of two-commodity choice," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 12(2), pages 252-252, June.
- Shomu Banerjee & James H. Murphy, 2004. "A Simplified Test for Preference Rationality of Two-commodity Choice," Emory Economics 0421, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
References listed on IDEAS
- Varian, Hal R, 1982. "The Nonparametric Approach to Demand Analysis," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 945-973, July.
- Matzkin, Rosa L. & Richter, Marcel K., 1991. "Testing strictly concave rationality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 287-303, April.
- James Andreoni, 2001. "Giving According to GARP," Theory workshop papers 339, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Varian, Hal R., 1988. "Revealed preference with a subset of goods," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 179-185, October.
- Cox, James C, 1997. "On Testing the Utility Hypothesis," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 1054-1078, July.
- William T. Harbaugh & Kate Krause & Timothy R. Berry, 2001. "GARP for Kids: On the Development of Rational Choice Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 1539-1545.
- James Andreoni & John Miller, 2002. "Giving According to GARP: An Experimental Test of the Consistency of Preferences for Altruism," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(2), pages 737-753, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:the:publsh:2733 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heufer, Jan, 2007. "Revealed Preference and the Number of Commodities," Ruhr Economic Papers 36, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Heufer, Jan & Hjertstrand, Per, 2015. "Consistent subsets: Computationally feasible methods to compute the Houtman–Maks-index," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 87-89.
- Jim Engle-Warnick & Natalia Mishagina, 2014. "Insensitivity to Prices in a Dictator Game," CIRANO Working Papers 2014s-19, CIRANO.
- Cherchye, Laurens & De Rock, Bram & Demuynck, Thomas, 0.
"Transitivity of preferences: when does it matter?,"
- Laurens Cherchye & Thomas Demuynck & Bram De Rock, "undated". "Transitivity of Preferences: When Doest it Matter ?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/262696, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Laurens Cherchye & Thomas Demuynck & Bram De Rock, 2015. "Transitivity of preferences: when does it matter?," Working Papers Department of Economics 515975, KU Leuven, Faculty of Economics and Business, Department of Economics.
- Laurens Cherchye & Thomas Demuynck & Bram De Rock, 2015. "Transitivity of Preferences: When Doest it Matter ?," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2015-44, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Jan Heufer, 2013. "Testing revealed preferences for homotheticity with two-good experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 16(1), pages 114-124, March.
- Heufer, Jan, 2014. "Nonparametric comparative revealed risk aversion," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 153(C), pages 569-616.
- James Murphy & Samiran Banerjee, 2015. "A caveat for the application of the critical cost efficiency index in induced budget experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 18(3), pages 356-365, September.
More about this item
KeywordsRevealed preference; GARP; Laboratory experiments; Rationality;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:expeco:v:9:y:2006:i:1:p:67-75. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .