Price Competition and Product Differentiation When Consumers Care for the Environment
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Avner Shaked & John Sutton, 1982. "Relaxing Price Competition Through Product Differentiation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 49(1), pages 3-13.
- Andreoni, James, 1990. "Impure Altruism and Donations to Public Goods: A Theory of Warm-Glow Giving?," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 100(401), pages 464-477, June.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, September.
- Eriksson, Clas, 2004. "Can green consumerism replace environmental regulation?--a differentiated-products example," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 281-293, September.
- Uri Ronnen, 1991. "Minimum Quality Standards, Fixed Costs, and Competition," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 22(4), pages 490-504, Winter.
- Bansal, Sangeeta & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis, 2003. "Tax/subsidy policies in the presence of environmentally aware consumers," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2, Supple), pages 333-355, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Marco A. Marini & Ornella Tarola & Jacques-FranÃ§ois Thisse, 2020.
"Is Environmentalism the Right Strategy to Decarbonize the World?,"
2020.31, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Marini, Marco A. & Tarola, Ornella & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2021. "Is Environmentalism the Right Strategy to Decarbonize the World?," MPRA Paper 106340, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marini, Marco & Tarola, Ornella & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2020. "Is Environmentalism the Right Strategy to Decarbonize the World?," CEPR Discussion Papers 15355, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marini, Marco A. & Tarola, Ornella & Thisse, Jacques-François, 2020. "Is Environmentalism the Right Strategy to Decarbonize the World?," 2030 Agenda 308106, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Toshihiro Uchida, 2007. "Information Disclosure Policies: When Do They Bring Environmental Improvements?," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 13(1), pages 47-64, February.
- Dominic Hauck & Erik Ansink & Jetske Bouma & Daan van Soest, 2014. "Social Network Effects and Green Consumerism," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-150/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Alexander Haupt & Magdalena Stadejek, 2010. "The Choice of Environmental Policy Instruments: Energy Efficiency and Redistribution," CESifo Working Paper Series 2986, CESifo.
- Brzeskot, Magdalena & Haupt, Alexander, 2013.
"Environmental policy and the energy efficiency of vertically differentiated consumer products,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 444-453.
- Magdalena Brzeskot & Alexander Haupt, 2012. "Environmental Policy and the Energy Eficiency of Vertically Differentiated Consumer Products," Discussion Paper Series RECAP15 006, RECAP15, European University Viadrina, Frankfurt (Oder).
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:13:y:2007:i:1:p:47-64 is not listed on IDEAS
- Aurora García‐Gallego & Nikolaos Georgantzís, 2009. "Market Effects of Changes in Consumers' Social Responsibility," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 235-262, March.
- Ya‐chin Wang & Leonard F.s. Wang, 2009. "Equivalence Of Competition Mode In A Vertically Differentiated Duopoly With Delegation," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(4), pages 577-590, December.
- Cédric Argenton, 2010.
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(3), pages 690-716, September.
- Argenton, Cédric, 2006. "Exclusive Quality," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 640, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 05 Jun 2007.
- Argenton, C., 2008. "Exclusive Quality," Discussion Paper 2008-20, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Argenton, C., 2008. "Exclusive Quality," Discussion Paper 2008-007, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Doni, Nicola & Ricchiuti, Giorgio, 2013.
"Market equilibrium in the presence of green consumers and responsible firms: A comparative statics analysis,"
Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 380-395.
- Nicola Doni & Giorgio Ricchiuti, 2011. "Market Equilibrium in the Presence of Green Consumers and Responsible Firms: A Comparative Statics Analysis," Working Papers 2011.33, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Doni, Nicola & Ricchiuti, Giorgio, 2011. "Market Equilibrium in the Presence of Green Consumers and Responsible Firms: A Comparative Statics Analysis," Sustainable Development Papers 102570, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei (FEEM).
- Nicola Doni & Giorgio Ricchiuti, 2011. "Market Equilibrium in the Presence of Green Consumers and Responsible Firms: a Comparative Statics Analysis," Working Papers - Economics wp2011_07.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Enrico Pennings, 2004.
"Optimal Pricing And Quality Choice When Investment In Quality Is Irreversible,"
Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 52(4), pages 569-589, December.
- Enrico Pennings, "undated". "Optimal pricing and quality choice when investment in quality is irreversible," Working Papers 206, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Stefan Lutz & Mina Baliamoune-Lutz, 2003.
"Mutual Recognition of National Minimum Quality Standards may Support International Convergence,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 293-311, December.
- Lutz, Stefan, 2003. "Mutual Recognition of National Minimum Quality Standards may Support International Convergence," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-17, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 1999.
"Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance,"
99-18, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 1999. "Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance," SOI - Working Papers 9906, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Susan Athey & Armin Schmutzler, 2000. "Innovation and the Emergence of Market Dominance," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1881, Econometric Society.
- Keith Brouhle & Madhu Khanna, 2007. "Information And The Provision Of Quality Differentiated Products," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 45(2), pages 377-394, April.
- Roberto Cellini & Fabio Lamantia, 2015. "Quality competition in markets with regulated prices and minimum quality standards," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 345-370, April.
- David P. Baron, 2009. "A Positive Theory of Moral Management, Social Pressure, and Corporate Social Performance," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 7-43, March.
- Mantovani, Andrea & Tarola, Ornella & Vergari, Cecilia, 2016. "Hedonic and environmental quality: A hybrid model of product differentiation," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 99-123.
- Zhou, Dongsheng & Spencer, Barbara J. & Vertinsky, Ilan, 2002.
"Strategic trade policy with endogenous choice of quality and asymmetric costs,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 205-232, January.
- Dongsheng Zhou & Barbara J. Spencer & Ilan Vertinsky, 2000. "Strategic Trade Policy with Endogenous Choice of Quality and Asymmetric Costs," NBER Working Papers 7536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Padrón-Fumero, Noemi & Moraga-González, José Luis, 1996. "Polution linked to consumption: a study of policy instruments in an environmental differentiated oligopoly," UC3M Working papers. Economics 4134, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Buehler, Benno & Schuett, Florian, 2014.
"Certification and minimum quality standards when some consumers are uninformed,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 70(C), pages 493-511.
- Buehler, B. & Schuett, F., 2012. "Certification and Minimum Quality Standards when Some Consumers are Uninformed," Discussion Paper 2012-040, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Iacopo Grassi, 2013. "Regulating quality: a comparison between minimum quality standards and mixed oligopoly," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2013(109), pages 25-44.
More about this item
Keywordsenvironmental awareness; green market; product differentiation; quality competition;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:31:y:2005:i:1:p:1-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.