Marginal Valuation of Charismatic Species: Implications for Conservation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bulte, Erwin & Folmer, Henk & Heijman, Wim, 1998. "Dynamic and Static Approaches to Mixed Good Management: The Case of Minke Whales in the Northeast Atlantic," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 25(1), pages 73-91.
- Kevin J. Boyle & Gregory L. Poe & John C. Bergstrom, 1994. "What Do We Know About Groundwater Values? Preliminary Implications from a Meta Analysis of Contingent-Valuation Studies," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1055-1061.
- Andrew Metrick & Martin L. Weitzman, 1996. "Patterns of Behavior in Endangered Species Preservation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 72(1), pages 1-16.
- Montgomery Claire A. & Brown Jr. , Gardner M. & Adams Darius M., 1994. "The Marginal Cost of Species Preservation: The Northern Spotted Owl," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 111-128, March.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G., 1993. "Estimation and Inference in Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195060119.
- Tanguay, M. & Adamowicz, W. & Boxall, P. & Phillips, W. & White, W., 1993. "A Socio-Economic Evaluation of Woodland Caribou in Northwestern Saskatchewan," Project Report Series 232366, University of Alberta, Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology.
- Clark, Colin W, 1973. "Profit Maximization and the Extinction of Animal Species," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 950-961, July-Aug..
- Smith, V. Kerry & Osborne, Laura L., 1996. "Do Contingent Valuation Estimates Pass a "Scope" Test? A Meta-analysis," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 287-301, November.
- Brown, G. & Layton, D. & Lazo, J., 1994. "Valuing Habitat and Endangered Species," Working Papers 94-1, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Cropper, M. L., 1988. "A note on the extinction of renewable resources," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 64-70, March.
- Brown, G. & Layton, D. & Lazo, J., 1994. "Valuing Habitat and Endangered Species," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 94-1, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Loomis, John B. & White, Douglas S., 1996. "Economic benefits of rare and endangered species: summary and meta-analysis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 197-206, September.
- Heidi Albers & Anthony Fisher & W. Hanemann, 1996. "Valuation and management of tropical forests," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 8(1), pages 39-61, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mazzanti, Massimiliano, 2001. "The role of economics in global management of whales: re-forming or re-founding IWC?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 205-221, February.
- Ressurreição, Adriana & Gibbons, James & Dentinho, Tomaz Ponce & Kaiser, Michel & Santos, Ricardo S. & Edwards-Jones, Gareth, 2011. "Economic valuation of species loss in the open sea," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(4), pages 729-739, February.
- Kontogianni, A. & Tourkolias, C. & Machleras, A. & Skourtos, M., 2012. "Service providing units, existence values and the valuation of endangered species: A methodological test," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 97-104.
- Jin, Jianjun & Indab, Anabeth & Nabangchang, Orapan & Thuy, Truong Dang & Harder, Dieldre & Subade, Rodelio F., 2010. "Valuing marine turtle conservation: A cross-country study in Asian cities," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(10), pages 2020-2026, August.
- Eiswerth, Mark E. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2009.
"The ghost of extinction: Preservation values and minimum viable population in wildlife models,"
Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2129-2136, May.
- van Kooten, G. Cornelis & Eiswerth, Mark E., 2007. "The Ghost of Extinction: Preservation Values and Minimum Viable Population in Wildlife Models," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon TN 9790, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- G. Cornelis van Kooten & Mark Eiswerth, 2008. "The Ghost of Extinction: Preservation Values and Minimum Viable Population in Wildlife Models," Working Papers 2008-09, University of Victoria, Department of Economics, Resource Economics and Policy Analysis Research Group.
- Bulte, Erwin H. & van Kooten, G. Cornelis, 2001. "Harvesting and conserving a species when numbers are low: population viability and gambler's ruin in bioeconomic models," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 87-100, April.
- Brei, Michael & Pérez-Barahona, Agustín & Strobl, Eric, 2016.
"Environmental pollution and biodiversity: Light pollution and sea turtles in the Caribbean,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 95-116.
- Michael Brei & Agustin Pérez-Barahona & Eric Strobl, 2016. "Environmental Pollution and Biodiversity: Light Pollution and Sea Turtles in the Caribbean," Post-Print hal-01410669, HAL.
- Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L., 2011. "Identifying the scope effect on a meta-analysis of biodiversity valuation studies," Resource and Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 706-724, September.
- Nikita Lyssenko & Roberto Martínez-Espiñeira, 2012.
"Respondent uncertainty in contingent valuation: the case of whale conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(15), pages 1911-1930, May.
- Lyssenko, Nikita & Martinez-Espineira, Roberto, 2009. "Respondent uncertainty in contingent valuation: the case of whale conservation in Newfoundland and Labrador," MPRA Paper 21969, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schwoerer, Tobias & Knowler, Duncan & Garcia-Martinez, Salvador, 2016. "The value of whale watching to local communities in Baja, Mexico: A case study using applied economic rent theory," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 90-101.
- Hjerpe, Evan & Hussain, Anwar & Phillips, Spencer, 2015. "Valuing type and scope of ecosystem conservation: A meta-analysis," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 32-50.
- Delang, Claudio O., 2006. "Not just minor forest products: The economic rationale for the consumption of wild food plants by subsistence farmers," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1), pages 64-73, August.
- Loureiro, Maria L. & Ojea, Elena, 2008. "Valuing local endangered species: The role of intra-species substitutes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 362-369, December.
- Hansen, Lars Gårn & Jensen, Frank & Russell, Clifford, 2013.
"Instrument choice when regulators are concerned about resource extinction,"
Resource and Energy Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 135-147.
- Lars Gårn Hansen & Frank Jensen & Clifford Russell, 2011. "Instrument Choice when Regulators are Concerned about Resource Extinction," IFRO Working Paper 2011/6, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics, revised Jul 2011.
- Elena Ojea & Maria L. Loureiro, 2009. "Valuation Of Wildlife: Revising Some Additional Considerations For Scope Tests," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 27(2), pages 236-250, April.
- Nir Becker & Yael Choresh & Ofer Bahat & Moshe Inbar, 2010. "Cost benefit analysis of conservation efforts to preserve an endangered species: The Griffon Vulture (Gyps fulvus) in Israel," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 55-70, April.
More about this item
Keywordspreservation of minke whales; marginal willingness to pay; value of minimum viable population;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:14:y:1999:i:1:p:119-130. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .