The Effectiveness of Insider Trading Regulation in Italy. Evidence from Stock-Price Run-Ups Around Announcements of Corporate Control Transactions
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:19:y:1981:i:2:p:374-383 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1974. "Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach," NBER Chapters,in: Essays in the Economics of Crime and Punishment, pages 1-54 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Cornell, Bradford & Sirri, Erik R, 1992. " The Reaction of Investors and Stock Prices to Insider Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1031-1059, July.
- Kandel, Eugene & Pearson, Neil D, 1995. "Differential Interpretation of Public Signals and Trade in Speculative Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(4), pages 831-872, August.
- Bettis, J. C. & Coles, J. L. & Lemmon, M. L., 2000. "Corporate policies restricting trading by insiders," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 191-220, August.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Daouk, Hazem & Jorgenson, Brian & Kehr, Carl-Heinrich, 2000.
"When an event is not an event: the curious case of an emerging market,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 69-101, January.
- Bhattacharya, Utpal & Daouk, Hazem & Jorgenson, Brian & Kehr, Carl-Heinrich, 1998. "When an event is not an event: The curious case of an emerging market," CFS Working Paper Series 1998/12, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Gupta, Atul & Misra, Lalatendu, 1988. "Illegal Insider Trading: Is It Rampant before Corporate Takeovers?," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 23(4), pages 453-464, November.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
- Gregory, Alan, et al, 1994.
"UK Directors' Trading: The Impact of Dealings in Smaller Firms,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(422), pages 37-53, January.
- John Matatko & Alan Gregory & Ian Tonks & Richard Purkis, 1993. "UK Directors Trading: The Impact of Dealings in Smaller Firms," FMG Discussion Papers dp160, Financial Markets Group.
- Utpal Bhattacharya & Hazem Daouk, 2002. "The World Price of Insider Trading," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 75-108, February.
- B. Espen Eckbo & David C. Smith, 1998. "The Conditional Performance of Insider Trades," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 467-498, April.
- Corrado, Charles J., 1989. "A nonparametric test for abnormal security-price performance in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395, August.
- Fabio C. Bagliano & Carlo A. Favero & Giovanna Nicodano, 2011. "Insider Trading, Traded Volume and Returns," Working papers 26, Former Department of Economics and Public Finance "G. Prato", University of Torino.
- Arturo Bris, 2000. "Do Insider Trading Laws Work?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm162, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jun 2005.
- Brown, Stephen J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1985. "Using daily stock returns : The case of event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 3-31, March.
- Chakravarty, Sugato & McConnell, John J., 1999. "Does Insider Trading Really Move Stock Prices?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(02), pages 191-209, June.
- Alan Gregory & John Matatko & Ian Tonks, 1997. "Detecting Information from Directors' Trades: Signal Definition and Variable Size Effects," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(3), pages 309-342.
- Jarrell, Gregg A & Poulsen, Annette B, 1989. "Stock Trading before the Announcement of Tender Offers: Insider Trading or Market Anticipation?," Journal of Law, Economics, and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 225-248, Fall.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Riccardo Ferretti & Pierpaolo Pattitoni & Anna Salinas, 2015. "The effectiveness of insider trading regulations: The case of the Italian tender offers," Centro Studi di Banca e Finanza (CEFIN) (Center for Studies in Banking and Finance) 15309, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia "Marco Biagi".
- Riccardo Ferretti & Pierpaolo Pattitoni & Roberto Patuelli, 2016.
"Market Abuse Directive and Insider Trading: Evidence from Italian Tender Offers,"
Working Paper series
16-16, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- R. Ferretti & P. Pattitoni & R. Patuelli, 2016. "Market Abuse Directive and Insider Trading: Evidence from Italian Tender Offers," Working Papers wp1071, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Wielhouwer, Jacco L., 2013. "When is public enforcement of insider trading regulations effective?," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 52-60.
- Barbara, Petracci, 2011. "Trading when you cannot trade: Blackout periods in Italian firms," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 196-204, September.
More about this item
Keywordsinsider trading regulation and enforcement; price run-up;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ejlwec:v:16:y:2003:i:2:p:199-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.