Using principal components to produce an economic and social development index: An application to Latin America and the U.S
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kakwani, N., 1993. "Performance in living standards : An international comparison," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 307-336, August.
- Campos, Nauro F. & Nugent, Jeffrey B., 1999. "Development Performance and the Institutions of Governance: Evidence from East Asia and Latin America," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 439-452, March.
- Sadequl Islam, 1995. "The human development index and per capita GDP," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(5), pages 166-167.
- Nicolas Sanchez & Miles Cahill, 1998. "The Strengths and Weaknesses of Factor Analysis in Predicting Cuban GDP," Working Papers 9806, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Good and bad growth: The human development reports," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 631-638, May.
- W. Chan Kim & Renée Mauborgne, 1998. "Abstract," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(4), pages 323-338, April.
- Dasgupta, Partha & Weale, Martin, 1992. "On measuring the quality of life," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 119-131, January.
- Ram, Rati, 1982. "Composite indices of physical quality of life, basic needs fulfilment, and income : A principal component representation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 227-247, October.
- Hicks, Norman & Streeten, Paul, 1979. "Indicators of development: The search for a basic needs yardstick," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 7(6), pages 567-580, June.
- Satya Paul, 1996. "A modified human development index and international comparison," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(10), pages 677-682.
- Srinivasan, T N, 1994. "Human Development: A New Paradigm or Reinvention of the Wheel?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 238-243, May.
- Desai, Meghnad, 1991. "Human development : Concepts and measurement," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 350-357, April.
- Streeten, Paul, 1994. "Human Development: Means and Ends," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 232-237, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Julie Hotchkiss & M. Melinda Pitts, 2005. "Female labour force intermittency and current earnings: switching regression model with unknown sample selection," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 545-560.
- Espinoza-Delgado, José & López-Laborda, Julio, 2017.
"Nicaragua: evolución de la pobreza multidimensional, 2001-2009,"
Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Espinoza-Delgado, José Luis & López-Laborda, Julio, 2015.
"Nicaragua: Evolución de la Pobreza Multidimensional, 2001-2009
[Nicaragua: Evolution of the Multidimensional Poverty, 2001-2009]," MPRA Paper 68971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Espinoza-Delgado, José Luis & López-Laborda, Julio, 2015. "Nicaragua: Evolución de la Pobreza Multidimensional, 2001-2009
- repec:ecr:col070:42008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sebastian Silva-Leander, 2011. "On the Possibility of Measuring Freedom: A Kantian Perspective," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp049, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:29:y:2001:i:3:p:311-329. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .