Option volume and stock price behavior: Some evidence from the Chicago board options exchange
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Detemple, Jerome B & Selden, Larry, 1991. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of Option and Stock Market Interactions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(2), pages 279-303, May.
- Bhattacharya, Mihir, 1987. "Price Changes of Related Securities: The Case of Call Options and Stocks," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 1-15, March.
- Manaster, Steven & Rendleman, Richard J, Jr, 1982. " Option Prices as Predictors of Equilibrium Stock Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 37(4), pages 1043-1057, September.
- Finucane, Thomas J., 1991. "Put-Call Parity and Expected Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(04), pages 445-457, December.
- Panton, D., 1976. "Chicago board call options as predictors of common stock price changes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 101-113, May.
- Chiras, Donald P. & Manaster, Steven, 1978. "The information content of option prices and a test of market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2-3), pages 213-234.
- Anthony, Joseph H, 1988. " The Interrelation of Stock and Options Market Trading-Volume Data," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(4), pages 949-964, September.
- Stephan, Jens A & Whaley, Robert E, 1990. " Intraday Price Change and Trading Volume Relations in the Stock and Stock Option Markets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(1), pages 191-220, March.
- Stoll, Hans R. & Whaley, Robert E., 1990. "The Dynamics of Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(04), pages 441-468, December.
- Granger, C. W. J. & Newbold, Paul, 1986. "Forecasting Economic Time Series," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780122951831 edited by Shell, Karl.
- David Easley & Maureen O'Hara & P.S. Srinivas, 1998. "Option Volume and Stock Prices: Evidence on Where Informed Traders Trade," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 431-465, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ho, Kin-Yip & Zheng, Lin & Zhang, Zhaoyong, 2012. "Volume, volatility and information linkages in the stock and option markets," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 168-174.
- Lee, Mingchih & Chen, Chun-Da, 2005. "The intraday behaviors and relationships with its underlying assets: evidence on option market in Taiwan," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(5), pages 587-603.
- Martín Saldías & Rafael Barbosa, 2013. "Option trade volume and volatility of banks’ stock returns," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:atlecj:v:25:y:1997:i:4:p:358-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .