Multi-Agent Transport Simulations and Economic Evaluation
Tolls are frequently discussed policies to reduce traffic in cities. However, road pricing measures are seldom implemented due to high investments and unpopularity. Transportation planning tools can support planning authorities by solving those problems if they take into account the following aspects:
Volume (Year): 228 (2008)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (April)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: https://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: https://www.degruyter.com/view/j/jbnst|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Arnott, Richard & de Palma, Andre & Lindsey, Robin, 1990.
"Economics of a bottleneck,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 111-130, January.
- Richard Arnott & Andre de Palma & Robin Lindsey, 1985. "Economics of a Bottleneck," Working Papers 636, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Carlos F. Daganzo, 1998. "Queue Spillovers in Transportation Networks with a Route Choice," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(1), pages 3-11, February.
- Markose, Sheri & Alentorn, Amadeo & Koesrindartoto, Deddy & Allen, Peter & Blythe, Phil & Grosso, Sergio, 2007. "A smart market for passenger road transport (SMPRT) congestion: An application of computational mechanism design," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 2001-2032, June.
- Markose, Sheri M & Alentorn, Amadeo & Koesrindartoto, Deddy & Allen, Peter & Blythe, Phil & Grosso, Sergio, 2007. "A smart market for passenger road transport (SMPRT) congestion: an application of computational mechanism design," Economics Discussion Papers 3720, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Watling, David, 1996. "Asymmetric problems and stochastic process models of traffic assignment," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 339-357, October.
- repec:esx:essedp:630 is not listed on IDEAS
- Watling, David, 1999. "Stability of the stochastic equilibrium assignment problem: a dynamical systems approach," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 281-312, May.
- Sergio R. Jara-Diaz & Cristián A. Guevara, 2003. "Behind the Subjective Value of Travel Time Savings," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 37(1), pages 29-46, January.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-260, May.
- Verhoef, Erik T., 2002. "Second-best congestion pricing in general networks. Heuristic algorithms for finding second-best optimal toll levels and toll points," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 707-729, September.
- Kenneth Button, 1993. "Transport Economics," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 56.
- David Charypar & Kai Nagel, 2005. "Generating complete all-day activity plans with genetic algorithms," Transportation, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 369-397, 07.
- G. E. Cantarella & E. Cascetta, 1995. "Dynamic Processes and Equilibrium in Transportation Networks: Towards a Unifying Theory," Transportation Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(4), pages 305-329, November.
- Kenneth Button, 1993. "Transport, The Environment And Economic Policy," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 69. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jns:jbstat:v:228:y:2008:i:2-3:p:183-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.