The Impact Of Automobile Production On The Growth Of Non-Farm Proprietor Densities In Alabama'S Counties
This paper studies the impact of the auto industry on the growth of non-farm proprietor densities in Alabama¡¯s counties. Results show that automobile production in Alabama significantly increases non-farm proprietor in all counties. The impact of automobile production on the growth of non-farm proprietor densities in distressed black belt counties is greater than other counties. Then, appropriate policies to lure industrial development become very important to increase the self employment opportunity. There is significant spatial lag effects and spatial error effects between non-farm proprietor densities and per capita income.
Volume (Year): 37 (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.jed.or.kr/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kelejian, Harry H. & Prucha, Ingmar R., 2004. "Estimation of simultaneous systems of spatially interrelated cross sectional equations," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 118(1-2), pages 27-50.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Song, Seuck Heun & Koh, Won, 2003.
"Testing panel data regression models with spatial error correlation,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 123-150, November.
- Badi H. Baltagi & Seuck Heun Song & Won Koh, 2002. "Testing Panel Data Regression Models with Spatial Error Correlation," 10th International Conference on Panel Data, Berlin, July 5-6, 2002 B6-4, International Conferences on Panel Data.
- Stephan Goetz & Anil Rupasingha, 2009. "Determinants of growth in non-farm proprietor densities in the US, 1990–2000," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 425-438, April.
- repec:eap:articl:v39:y:2009:i:2:p:295-307 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stephan J. Goetz & David Freshwater, 2001. "State-Level Determinants of Entrepreneurship and a Preliminary Measure of Entrepreneurial Climate," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 15(1), pages 58-70, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:37:y:2012:i:3:p:25-36. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Changhui Kang)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.