The Role Of Financial Development On Income Inequality In Malaysia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Meyer Bittencourt, Manoel F., 2006.
"Financial Development and Inequality: Brazil 1985-99,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006
5, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Manoel F. Meyer Bittencourt, 2006. "Financial Development and Inequality: Brazil 1985-99," DEGIT Conference Papers c011_055, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Manoel F. Meyer Bittencourt, 2006. "Financial Development and Inequality: Brazil 1985-99," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 06/582, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Manoel F. Meyer Bittencourt, 2006. "Financial Development and Inequality: Brazil 1985-99," Working Papers 26, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Georg R. G. Clarke & Lixin Colin Xu & Heng-fu Zou, 2006.
"Finance and Income Inequality: What Do the Data Tell Us?,"
Southern Economic Journal,
Southern Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 578-596, January.
- George R. G. Clarke & Lixin Colin Xu & Heng-fu Zou, 2011. "Finance and Income Inequality: What Do the Data Tell Us?," CEMA Working Papers 489, China Economics and Management Academy, Central University of Finance and Economics.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2004.
"After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the Emergence of the Rule of Law in Post-Communist Societies,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 753-763, June.
- Hoff, Karla & Stiglitz, Joseph E., 2002. "After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the emergence of the rule of law in post-communist societies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2934, The World Bank.
- Karla Hoff & Joseph E. Stiglitz, 2002. "After the Big Bang? Obstacles to the Emergence of the Rule of Law in Post-Communist Societies," NBER Working Papers 9282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sonin, Konstantin, 2003.
"Why the rich may favor poor protection of property rights,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 715-731, December.
- Konstantin Sonin, 2002. "Why the Rich May Favor Poor Protection of Property Rights," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 544, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Konstantin Sonin, 2003. "Why the Rich May Favor Poor Protection of Property Rights," Working Papers w0022, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Banerjee, Abhijit V & Newman, Andrew F, 1993.
"Occupational Choice and the Process of Development,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(2), pages 274-298, April.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Andrew F. Newman, 1990. "Occupational Choice and the Process of Development," Discussion Papers 911, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Alberto Chong & Mark Gradstein, 2007.
"Inequality and Institutions,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 89(3), pages 454-465, August.
- Chong, Alberto & Gradstein, Mark, 2004. "Inequality and Institutions," CEPR Discussion Papers 4739, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Chong & Mark Gradstein, 2004. "Inequality and Institutions," Research Department Publications 4361, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Alberto E. Chong & Mark Gradstein, 2004. "Inequality and Institutions," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1137, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Mishkin, Frederic S., 2009. "Globalization and financial development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(2), pages 164-169, July.
- Oded Galor & Joseph Zeira, 1993. "Income Distribution and Macroeconomics," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(1), pages 35-52.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Seven, Unal & Kilinc, Dilara & Coskun, Yener, 2017. "Does Credit Composition Have Asymmetric Effects on Income Inequality?," MPRA Paper 82104, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2017.
"The Circular Relationship Between Inequality, Leverage, And Financial Crises,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(2), pages 463-496, April.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2014. "The Circulare Relationship between inequality, Leverage and Financial Crisis," Working Papers halshs-01204821, HAL.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2016. "The circular relationship between inequality, leverage and financial crises," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01375654, HAL.
- Rémi BAZILLIER & Jérôme HERICOURT, 2015. "The Circular Relationship between Inequality, Leverage, and Financial Crisis," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 1968, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Rémi Bazillier & Jérôme Hericourt, 2016. "The Circular Relationship between Inequality, Leverage, and Financial Crises," Working Papers halshs-01251360, HAL.
- Duncan, Denvil & Peter, Klara Sabirianova, 2012. "Unequal Inequalities: Do Progressive Taxes Reduce Income Inequality?," IZA Discussion Papers 6910, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Seven, Unal & Coskun, Yener, 2016. "Does financial development reduce income inequality and poverty? Evidence from emerging countries," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 34-63.
- repec:taf:applec:v:49:y:2017:i:52:p:5337-5351 is not listed on IDEAS
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Nanthakumar Loganathan & Aviral Tiwari & Reza Sherafatian-Jahromi, 2015.
"Financial Development and Income Inequality: Is There Any Financial Kuznets Curve in Iran?,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 124(2), pages 357-382, November.
- Muhammad, Shahbaz & Tiwari, Aviral & Reza, Sherafatian-Jahromi, 2012. "Financial Development and Income Inequality: Is there any Financial Kuznets curve in Iran?," MPRA Paper 40899, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 26 Aug 2012.
- Ahmed, Azleen Rosemy & Masih, Mansur, 2017. "What is the link between financial development and income inequality? evidence from Malaysia," MPRA Paper 79416, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Denvil Duncan & Klara Sabirianova Peter, 2016. "Unequal inequalities: Do progressive taxes reduce income inequality?," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 23(4), pages 762-783, August.
- YOUNSI, Moheddine & BECHTINI, Marwa, 2018. "Economic Growth, Financial Development and Income Inequality in BRICS Countries: Evidence from Panel Granger Causality Tests," MPRA Paper 85182, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Muhammad Shahbaz & Mita Bhattacharya & Mantu Kumar Mahalik, 2017.
"Finance and income inequality in Kazakhstan: evidence since transition with policy suggestions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(52), pages 5337-5351, November.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Bhattacharya, Mita & Mahalik, Mantu Kumar, 2017. "Finance and Income Inequality in Kazakhstan: Evidence since Transition with Policy Suggestions," MPRA Paper 77438, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 08 Mar 2017.
More about this item
KeywordsBanking Sector; Capital Market; Financial Development; Income Inequality; ARDL Bounds Test;
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:34:y:2009:i:2:p:153-168. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.