Are East Asian Economies Dynamically Efficient?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kazunobu Hayakawa & Fukunari Kimura & Hyun-Hoon Lee, 2013.
"How Does Country Risk Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 51(1), pages 60-78, March.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Kimura, Fukunari & Lee, Hyun-Hoon, 2011. "How does country risk matter for foreign direct investment?," IDE Discussion Papers 281, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Kazunobu HAYAKAWA & Fukunari KIMURA & Hyun-Hoon LEE, 2012. "How Does Country Risk Matter for Foreign Direct Investment?," Working Papers DP-2012-03, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- John Mbaku & Chris Paul, 1989. "Political instability in Africa: A rent-seeking approach," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 63(1), pages 63-72, October.
- William Easterly & Ross Levine, 1997.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-1250.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996. "Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions," Papers 536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Bates, Robert H & Coatsworth, John H & Williamson, Jeffrey G, 2006.
"Lost Decades: Lessons from Post-Independence Latin America for Today's Africa,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5932, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert H. Bates & John H. Coatsworth & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2006. "Lost Decades: Lessons from Post-Independence Latin America for Today's Africa," NBER Working Papers 12610, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Oeindrila Dube & Juan F. Vargas, 2013. "Commodity Price Shocks and Civil Conflict: Evidence from Colombia," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(4), pages 1384-1421.
- Barro, Robert J & Lee, Jong-Wha, 2001.
"International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 53(3), pages 541-563, July.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42A, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment: Updates and Implications," CID Working Papers 42, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Robert J. Barro & Jong-Wha Lee, 2000. "International Data on Educational Attainment Updates and Implications," NBER Working Papers 7911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bende-Nabende, A. & Ford, J. L., 1998. "FDI, Policy Adjustment and Endogenous Growth: Multiplier Effects from a Small Dynamic Model for Taiwan, 1959-1995," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1315-1330, July.
- Reisen, Helmut & Soto, Marcelo, 2001. "Which Types of Capital Inflows Foster Developing-Country Growth?," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(1), pages 1-14, Spring.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2006.
"On the Causal Links Between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 21-41, January.
- Henrik Hansen & John Rand, 2004. "On the Causal Links between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries," Discussion Papers 04-30, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hansen, Henrik & Rand, John, 2005. "On the Causal Links between FDI and Growth in Developing Countries," WIDER Working Paper Series 031, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Gupta, Sanjeev & Pattillo, Catherine A. & Wagh, Smita, 2009. "Effect of Remittances on Poverty and Financial Development in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 104-115, January.
- Li, Xiaoying & Liu, Xiaming, 2005. "Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth: An Increasingly Endogenous Relationship," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 393-407, March.
- Nauro F. Campos & Jeffrey B. Nugent, 2003. "Aggregate Investment and Political Instability: An Econometric Investigation," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 70(279), pages 533-549, August.
- Hanhee Lee, 2015. "Foreign Direct Investment In North Korea And The Effect Of Special Economic Zones: Learning From Transition Economies," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 40(2), pages 35-56, June.
- Ojo, Oladeji & Oshikoya, Temitope, 1995. "Determinants of Long-Term Growth: Some African Results," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 4(2), pages 163-191, October.
- Durham, J.B.J. Benson, 2004. "Absorptive capacity and the effects of foreign direct investment and equity foreign portfolio investment on economic growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 285-306, April.
- Jong-A-Pin, Richard, 2009.
"On the measurement of political instability and its impact on economic growth,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 15-29, March.
- Jong-A-Pin, R., 2006. "On the measurement of political instability and its impact on economic growth," Research Report 06C05, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
- Barry Bosworth, 2005. "Managing Capital Inflows: What Have We Learned?," Papers Presented at Global Meetings of the Emerging Markets Forum 2005inflows, Emerging Markets Forum.
- Joze Mencinger, 2003. "Does Foreign Direct Investment Always Enhance Economic Growth?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(4), pages 491-508, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Creina Day & Garth Day, 2007. "Fiscal Reform, Growth and Current Account Dynamics," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2007-485, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Knolle, Julia & Lehmann, Kai, 2016. "An Empirical Assessment of Global Capital Productivity," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-574, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Kevin Luo & Tomoko Kinugasa & Kai Kajitani, 2018. "Dynamic efficiency in world economy," Discussion Papers 1801, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University.
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic Efficiency; East Asian Economies; Proprietor¡¯s Income;
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:28:y:2003:i:1:p:101-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sung Y. Park). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .