Sectoral Factor Reallocation And Productivity Growth: Recent Trends In The Chinese Economy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory C. Chow, 1993. "Capital Formation and Economic Growth in China," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 809-842.
- Zuliu F. Hu & Mohsin S. Khan, 1997. "Why Is China Growing So Fast?," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 44(1), pages 103-131, March.
- Jefferson, Gary H. & Rawski, Thomas G. & Zheng, Yuxin, 1996. "Chinese Industrial Productivity: Trends, Measurement Issues, and Recent Developments," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 146-180, October.
- Baltagi, Badi H. & Wu, Ping X., 1999. "Unequally Spaced Panel Data Regressions With Ar(1) Disturbances," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(6), pages 814-823, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ara Stepanyan & Mr. Andrew W Jonelis & Ashwin Moheeput & Aidar Abdychev & La-Bhus Fah Jirasavetakul & Friska Parulian & Albert Touna Mama & Mr. Lamin Y Leigh, 2015. "Increasing Productivity Growth in Middle Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 2015/002, International Monetary Fund.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- WU, Jidong & LI, Ning & SHI, Peijun, 2014. "Benchmark wealth capital stock estimations across China's 344 prefectures: 1978 to 2012," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 288-302.
- Shiu, Alice & Heshmati, Almas, 2006.
"Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth for Chinese Provinces: A Panel Data Analysis,"
Ratio Working Papers
98, The Ratio Institute.
- Shiu, Alice & Heshmati, Almas, 2006. "Technical Change and Total Factor Productivity Growth for Chinese Provinces: A Panel Data Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 2133, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Long, Zhiming & Herrera, Rémy, 2016. "Building original series of physical capital stocks for China's economy methodological problems, proposals for solutions and a new database," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 33-53.
- Selin Ozyurt, 2009.
"Total Factor Productivity Growth in Chinese Industry: 1952-2005,"
Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(1), pages 1-17.
- Selin Ozyurt, 2007. "Total Factor Productivity Growth in Chinese Industry: 1952-2005," Working Papers 07-13, LAMETA, Universtiy of Montpellier, revised Nov 2007.
- Harry X. Wu, 2007. "Measuring Productivity Performance by Industry in China, 1980-2005," International Productivity Monitor, Centre for the Study of Living Standards, vol. 15, pages 55-74, Fall.
- Wang, Yan & Yao, Yudong, 2003. "Sources of China's economic growth 1952-1999: incorporating human capital accumulation," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 32-52.
- Liu, Tung & Li, Kui-Wai, 2006.
"Disparity in factor contributions between coastal and inner provinces in post-reform China,"
China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 449-470.
- Tung Liu & Kui-Wai Li, 2005. "Disparity in Factor Contributions between Coastal and Inner Provinces in Post-reform China," Working Papers 200502, Ball State University, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2006.
- Kui‐yin Cheung & Chengze Fan, 1998. "Post‐reform productivity performance in Guangdong: 1978–94," Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 379-387.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2006.
"Neither a borrower nor a lender: Does China's zero net foreign asset position make economic sense?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 943-971, July.
- Dollar, David & Kraay, Aart, 2005. "Neither a borrower nor a lender : does China's zero net foreign asset position make economic sense?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3801, The World Bank.
- Sima Siami-Namini, 2017. "China's Economy and the Global Financial Crisis," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 7(5), pages 259-265.
- Jeffrey Sachs & Wing Thye Woo, 2003. "China's Economic Growth After WTO Membership," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 1-31.
- Rui HAO & Zheng WEI, 2009.
"Sources Of Income Differences Across Chinese Provinces During The Reform Period: A Development Accounting Exercise,"
The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 47(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Rui HAO, 2007. "Sources of income differences across Chinese provinces during the reform period: a development accounting exercise," Working Papers 200723, CERDI.
- Rui Hao, 2011. "Sources of income differences across Chinese provinces during the reform period: a development accounting exercise," Working Papers halshs-00557001, HAL.
- Bernstein, Paul M. & Montgomery, W. David & Tuladhar, Sugandha D., 2006. "Potential for reducing carbon emissions from non-Annex B countries through changes in technology," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(5-6), pages 742-762, November.
- Nazrul Islam & Erbiao Dai & Hiroshi Sakamoto, 2006. "Role of TFP in China's Growth," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 20(2), pages 127-159, June.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar, 2017. "Do urbanization and public expenditure affect productivity growth? The case of Chinese Provinces," Indian Economic Review, Springer, vol. 52(1), pages 127-156, December.
- Chong-En Bai & Chang-Tai Hsieh & Yingyi Qian, 2006. "The Return to Capital in China," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 37(2), pages 61-102.
- Huang, Xianfeng & Li, Ping & Lotspeich, Richard, 2010. "Economic growth and multi-tasking by state-owned enterprises: An analytic framework and empirical study based on Chinese provincial data," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 160-177, June.
- Kashif Munir & Shahzad Arshad, 2018.
"Factor accumulation and economic growth in Pakistan: incorporating human capital,"
International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 45(3), pages 480-491, March.
- Arshad, Shahzad & Munir, Kashif, 2015. "Factor Accumulation and Economic Growth in Pakistan: Incorporating Human Capital," MPRA Paper 67012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- María Jesús Herrerias & Vicente Orts, 2010. "Is the Export-led Growth Hypothesis Enough to Account for China's Growth?," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 18(s1), pages 34-51.
- Wang, Lili & Szirmai, Adam, 2008.
"Regional Capital Inputs in Chinese Industry and Manufacturing, 1978-2003,"
MERIT Working Papers
2008-028, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Wang, Lili & Szirmai, Adam, 2008. "Regional Capital Inputs in Chinese Industry and Manufacturing, 1978-2003," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-99, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
More about this item
KeywordsThe Chinese Economy; Total Factor Productivity; Inter-sector Reallocation;
All these keywords.
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
- L52 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Industrial Policy; Sectoral Planning Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jed:journl:v:27:y:2002:i:2:p:95-111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sung Y. Park (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/eccaukr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.