Inefficiency and heterogeneity in Turkish banking: 1990-2000
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aggarwal, Rajesh K & Yousef, Tarik, 2000. "Islamic Banks and Investment Financing," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 32(1), pages 93-120, February.
- George E. Battese & Lennart Hjalmarsson & Almas Heshmati, 2000.
"Efficiency of labour use in the Swedish banking industry: a stochastic frontier approach,"
Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 623-640.
- Battese, George E. & Heshmati, Almas & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1998. "Efficiency of Labour Use in the Swedish Banking Industry: A Stochastic Frontier Approach," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 289, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 13 Apr 1999.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-De-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2002.
"Government Ownership of Banks,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(1), pages 265-301, February.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopezde-Silanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," NBER Working Papers 7620, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- La Porta, Rafael & Lopez-de-Silanes, Florencio & Shleifer, Andrei, 2001. "Government Ownership of Banks," Working Paper Series rwp01-016, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Rafael La Porta & Florencio Lopez-deSilanes & Andrei Shleifer, 2000. "Government Ownership of Banks," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1890, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Berger, Allen N. & Mester, Loretta J., 1997.
"Inside the black box: What explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 21(7), pages 895-947, July.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1997-10, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the black box: what explains differences in the efficiencies of financial institutions?," Working Papers 97-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Allen N. Berger & Loretta J. Mester, 1997. "Inside the Black Box: What Explains Differences in the Efficiencies of Financial Institutions?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 97-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Diewert, W E, 1974. "Functional Forms for Revenue and Factor Requirements Functions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(1), pages 119-130, February.
- Schmidt, Peter & Sickles, Robin C, 1984. "Production Frontiers and Panel Data," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(4), pages 367-374, October.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2001.
"New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 653-674, June.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1997. "New evidence on returns to scale and product mix among U.S. commercial banks," Working Papers 1997-003, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Mitchell, Karlyn & Onvural, Nur M, 1996. "Economies of Scale and Scope at Large Commercial Banks: Evidence from the Fourier Flexible Functional Form," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 28(2), pages 178-199, May.
- Kajal Lahiri, 2005. "Analysis of Panel Data," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(4), pages 1093-1095.
- McAllister, Patrick H. & McManus, Douglas, 1993. "Resolving the scale efficiency puzzle in banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(2-3), pages 389-405, April.
- Iqbal, Munawar, 2001. "Islamic and Conventional Banking in the Nineties: A Comparative Study," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 8, pages 1-27.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30747188 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bashir, Abdel-Hameed M., 1999. "Risk And Profitability Measures In Islamic Banks: The Case Of Two Sudanese Banks," Islamic Economic Studies, The Islamic Research and Training Institute (IRTI), vol. 6, pages 1-24.
- Emili Tortosa-Ausina, 2002. "Cost Efficiency and Product Mix Clusters across the Spanish Banking Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 20(2), pages 163-181, March.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1995. "Labour-Use Efficiency in Swedish Social Insurance Offices," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(1), pages 33-47, Jan.-Marc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nagano, Mamoru, 2016. "Who issues Sukuk and when?: An analysis of the determinants of Islamic bond issuance," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 45-55.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirgüç-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2013.
"Islamic vs. conventional banking: Business model, efficiency and stability,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 433-447.
- Beck, Thorsten & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Merrouche, Ouarda, 2010. "Islamic vs. conventional banking : business model, efficiency and stability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5446, The World Bank.
- Chowdhury, M. Ashraful Ferdous & Haque, M. Mahmudul & Alhabshi, Syed Othman & Masih, Abul Mansur M., 2016. "Socioeconomic Development and Its Effect on Performance of Islamic Banks: Dynamic Panel Approaches," MPRA Paper 71888, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stefano Caiazza & Alberto Franco Pozzolo & Giovanni Trovato, 2016. "Bank efficiency measures, M&A decision and heterogeneity," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 25-41, August.
- Assaf, A. George & Gillen, David & Barros, Carlos, 2012. "Performance assessment of UK airports: Evidence from a Bayesian dynamic frontier model," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 603-615.
- Laurent Weill, 2009. "Do Islamic Banks Have Greater Market Power ?," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2009-02, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Mohanty, Sunil K. & Lin, Hong-Jen & Aljuhani, Eid A. & Bardesi, Hisham J., 2016. "Banking efficiency in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries: A comparative study," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 99-107.
- George Assaf, A. & Matousek, Roman & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2013. "Turkish bank efficiency: Bayesian estimation with undesirable outputs," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(2), pages 506-517.
- Jill Johnes & Marwan Izzeldin & Vasileios Pappas, 2012. "A comparison of performance of Islamic and conventional banks 2004 to 2009," Working Papers 12893801, Lancaster University Management School, Economics Department.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:48:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0515-5 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ýlker SAKINÇ & Merve GÜLEN, 2014.
"The Performance Comparison of the Participation Banks Acting in Turkey via Grey Relations Analysis Method,"
Journal of Economic and Social Thought,
KSP Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 3-14, December.
- Sakinç, İlker & Gülen, Merve, 2014. "The Performance Comparison of the Participation Banks Acting in Turkey via Grey Relations Analysis Method," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 3-14.
- Hakan Güneş & Dilem Yıldırım, 2016. "Estimating Cost Efficiency of Turkish Commercial Banks under Unobserved Heterogeneity with Stochastic Frontier Models," ERC Working Papers 1603, ERC - Economic Research Center, Middle East Technical University, revised Mar 2016.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine & Magda Kandil, 2009.
"Trade liberalisation, agricultural productivity and poverty in the Mediterranean region,"
European Review of Agricultural Economics,
Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 36(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Nadia Belhaj Hassine & Magda Kandil, 2008. "Trade Liberalization, Agricultural Productivity and Poverty in the Mediterranean Region," Working Papers 415, Economic Research Forum, revised 06 Jan 2008.
- Jean-Michel Sahut & Mehdi Mili & Maroua Ben Krir & Frédéric Teulon, 2015. "Factors of Competitiveness of Islamic Banks in the New Financial Order," Working Papers 2015-625, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1327-1335 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maurizio Polato & Josanco Floreani & Andrea Paltrinieri & Flavio Pichler, 2016. "Religion, governance and performance: evidence from Islamic and conventional stock exchanges," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(3), pages 591-623, September.
- Pavlos Almanidis, 2013. "Accounting for heterogeneous technologies in the banking industry: a time-varying stochastic frontier model with threshold effects," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 191-205, April.
- Badreldin F. Salim & Mohamed H. Mahmoud, 2016. "Islamic Finance: Is it a Time to be Considered as an Alternative during Financial Crisis Times? A Comparative Study in Gulf Cooperation Council," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 6(3), pages 1123-1131.
- repec:eee:eneeco:v:63:y:2017:i:c:p:288-300 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:20:y:2005:i:5:p:641-664. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/ .