A structural model of aggregate US job flows: another look
A recent article (Collard et al., 2002) published in this journal presented a structural model of aggregate job flows. Unrestricted estimation of the model yields parameter estimates that would imply an unemployment rate of 99%. Instead of solving this problem by fixing one of the parameters, as originally attempted by the authors, I add moments regarding the employment rate. The new results call for a re-evaluation of the model. Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd.
Volume (Year): 18 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.interscience.wiley.com/jpages/0883-7252/|
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/jcatalog/subscribe.jsp?issn=0883-7252 Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dale T. Mortensen & Christopher A. Pissarides, 1993.
"Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0110, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Mortensen, Dale T & Pissarides, Christopher A, 1994. "Job Creation and Job Destruction in the Theory of Unemployment," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(3), pages 397-415, July.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Newey, Whitney & West, Kenneth, 2014. "A simple, positive semi-definite, heteroscedasticity and autocorrelation consistent covariance matrix," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 33(1), pages 125-132.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986. "A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix," NBER Technical Working Papers 0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lee, Bong-Soo & Ingram, Beth Fisher, 1991. "Simulation estimation of time-series models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2-3), pages 197-205, February.
- Wouter J. Den Haan & Andrew T. Levin, 1996.
"A Practitioner's Guide to Robust Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0197, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wouter Denhaan & Andrew T. Levin, 1996. "VARHAC Covariance Matrix Estimator (FORTRAN)," QM&RBC Codes 63, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Wouter Denhaan & Andrew T. Levin, 1996. "VARHAC Covariance Matrix Estimator (RATS)," QM&RBC Codes 65, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Wouter Denhaan & Andrew T. Levin, 1996. "VARHAC Covariance Matrix Estimator (GAUSS)," QM&RBC Codes 64, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Steven J. Davis & John C. Haltiwanger & Scott Schuh, 1998. "Job Creation and Destruction," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262540932, June.
- Fabrice Collard & Patrick Fève & Fran�ois Langot & Corinne Perraudin, 2002.
"A structural model of US aggregate job flows,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(3), pages 197-223.
- Cole, Harold L & Rogerson, Richard, 1999.
"Can the Mortensen-Pissarides Matching Model Match the Business-Cycle Facts?,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 40(4), pages 933-59, November.
- Harold L. Cole & Richard Rogerson, 1996. "Can the Mortonson-Pissarides matching model match the business cycle facts?," Staff Report 224, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jae:japmet:v:18:y:2003:i:1:p:113-118. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.