The happiness gap between transition and non-transition countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Vani K. Borooah, 2009.
"Comparing levels of job satisfaction in the countries of Western and Eastern Europe,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 30(4), pages 304-325, July.
- Borooah, Vani, 2009. "Comparing levels of job satisfaction in the countries of Western and Eastern Europe," MPRA Paper 23664, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2009.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2009.
"(Un)happiness in Transition,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 23(2), pages 143-168, Spring.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2007. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," Working Papers w0111, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Guriev, Sergei & Zhuravskaya, Ekaterina, 2009. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," CEPR Discussion Papers 7258, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sergei Guriev & Ekaterina Zhuravskaya, 2009. "(Un)Happiness in Transition," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/7fst0pcf5j8, Sciences Po.
- Angus Deaton, 2008.
"Income, Health, and Well-Being around the World: Evidence from the Gallup World Poll,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 22(2), pages 53-72, Spring.
- Angus Deaton, 2008. "Income, Health, and Well-Being around the World: Evidence from the Gallup World Poll," Working Papers 1124, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Health and Wellbeing..
- Lelkes, Orsolya, 2006.
"Tasting freedom: Happiness, religion and economic transition,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 173-194, February.
- Orsolya Lelkes, 2002. "Tasting Freedom: Happiness, religion and economic transition," CASE Papers case59, Centre for Analysis of Social Exclusion, LSE.
- Stefano Bartolini & Małgorzata Mikucka & Francesco Sarracino, 2017.
"Money, Trust and Happiness in Transition Countries: Evidence from Time Series,"
Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement,
Springer, vol. 130(1), pages 87-106, January.
- BARTOLINI Stefano & MIKUCKA Malgorzata & SARRACINO Francesco, 2012. "Money, Trust and Happiness in Transition Countries: Evidence from Time Series," LISER Working Paper Series 2012-04, LISER.
- Djankov, Simeon & Nikolova, Elena & Zilinsky, Jan, 2016. "The happiness gap in Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 108-124.
- Kari Tucker & Daniel Ozer & Sonja Lyubomirsky & Julia Boehm, 2006. "Testing for Measurement Invariance in the Satisfaction with Life Scale: A Comparison of Russians and North Americans," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 78(2), pages 341-360, September.
- repec:pri:cheawb:deaton_income_health_and_wellbeing_around_the_world_evidence_%20from_gall is not listed on IDEAS
- Nikolova, Milena, 2016.
"Minding the happiness gap: Political institutions and perceived quality of life in transition,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 45(S), pages 129-148.
- Nikolova, Milena, 2015. "Minding the Happiness Gap: Political Institutions and Perceived Quality of Life in Transition," IZA Discussion Papers 9484, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Easterlin, Richard A., 2009. "Lost in transition: Life satisfaction on the road to capitalism," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 130-145, August.
- Gruen, Carola & Klasen, Stephan, 2012. "Has transition improved well-being?," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 11-30.
- Popova, Olga, 2014.
"Can religion insure against aggregate shocks to happiness? The case of transition countries,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 804-818.
- Olga Popova, 2010. "Can Religion Insure against Aggregate Shocks to Happiness? The Case of Transition Countries," CERGE-EI Working Papers wp425, The Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education - Economics Institute, Prague.
More about this item
Keywordshappiness gap; subjective well-being; transition; institutions;
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izawol:journl:2017:n:357. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bloomsbury Information Ltd). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.