A sampling estimator of the Bonferroni inequality index
A sampling estimator ( "B" ) of the Bonferroni inequality index based on the Bonferroni curve, is presented. "B" is compared through a simulation study with the percentile estimator and "B" , the estimator that uses weighted observations. It is shown that the "B" estimator, that decomposes the area between the Bonferroni curve and the line of perfect equality in trapezoids, has better performance than the other two, especially for small samples.
Volume (Year): 67 (2013)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (July-December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.sieds.it/|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.sieds.it Email: |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elena Bárcena-Martin & Jacques Silber, 2013.
"On the generalization and decomposition of the Bonferroni index,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 41(4), pages 763-787, October.
- Elena Barcena-Martin and Jacques Silber, 2012. "On the Generalization and Decomposition of the Bonferroni Index," OPHI Working Papers ophiwp051, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L, 1972. "The Estimation of the Lorenz Curve and Gini Index," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 54(3), pages 306-316, August.
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi & Michele Crescenzi, 2005. "A look at the Bonferroni inequality measure in a reliability framework," Econometrics 0507004, EconWPA.
- Giovanni Maria Giorgi & Riccardo Mondani, 2005. "Sampling distribution of the Bonferroni inequality index from exponential population," Econometrics 0507008, EconWPA. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ite:iteeco:133405. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Claudio Ceccarelli)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.